Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OPERATION OVERCAST (Nerves of Steel mission)

+4
Nirdian
Tehwilburforce
Janitor101
Grombrindal
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

OPERATION OVERCAST (Nerves of Steel mission) - Page 5 Empty Re: OPERATION OVERCAST (Nerves of Steel mission)

Post  Cuidado Fri May 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Akira became disappointed when Never Misses pointed out the flaw in Akira's plan. Thankfully, before anything disastrous could happen, a werewolf came out of nowhere and tore apart the machine gunner. After shooting one of the scattering German foot soldiers. Getting up out of the ditch, he leveled his automatic rifle at the werewolf. This scared him severely. His hands were shaking as he held the gun at the werewolf. Then he heard Thorstein say, "Herr Rosenberg? Is zat you?". "You are joking right?", Akira said. "That couldn't be Siegfried. It just couldn't. He is a man, and that... well, that is not Siegfried."
Cuidado
Cuidado

Characters
Name: Garrel
Stats:

Back to top Go down

OPERATION OVERCAST (Nerves of Steel mission) - Page 5 Empty Re: OPERATION OVERCAST (Nerves of Steel mission)

Post  Nirdian Sat May 07, 2011 12:11 pm

"You are joking right? That couldn't be Siegfried. It just couldn't. He is a man, and that... well, that is not Siegfried."

"You'd be surprised what you can find beneath a man's skin sometimes..." Jonathan mumbled, his back turned and moving toward the site where Douglas had been shot, or rather, shredded... Maybe. Jonathan wasn't really all that good at determining if a person was still alive or not. As he knelt down beside the allied soldier, the allied jerkass soldier, but still allied soldier, Jonathan thought he saw a shimmer of life between all the blood. "Hey! Thor... doctor-dude... guy! We have either a dead or a very, severely wounded guy here, might wanna look into that." He yelled toward where the doc stood. He then spotted the werewolf, and managed to clearly see him for the first time. "Surprise indeed..." He mumbled to himself before setting off to plunder the Nazi convoy, looking for explosives and material that can be turned into explosives in particular.

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuidado Sat May 07, 2011 2:12 pm

"Hey! Thor... doctor-dude... guy! We have either a dead or a very, severely wounded guy here, might wanna look into that.", shouted Johnathon. Not wanting to see the gruesome situation that awaited him if he looked in that direction, without turning his head, Akira said "I doubt he is alive. And Thorstein did heal the pilot earlier. He is probably quite drained." The thought of dying, especially by being torn apart by that large gun made Akira cringe. "Speaking of the MG42.", Akira said, and seeing Johnathon looting, Akira decided to follow suit. He ran to the Half-track, climbed into the gunner's mount, and began to attempt to pry the MG42 out of its mount.

Last edited by Cuidado on Sat May 07, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I no can haz grammar.)
Cuidado
Cuidado

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Janitor101 Sat May 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Siegfried dropped the shattered barrel section of the Kar98k he'd been using the bayonet on as a toothpick.
"Yes, it is me." He growled, his deep voice turned almost gravely. "Someone check on our German soldier friend, make sure he didn't run off, or shit himself to death." He continued as he nudged one of the larger german soldiers he'd killed with a furry clawed foot, mentally checking to see if the soldier's pants could replace the shredded ones Siegfried was wearing.
A clatter of someone climbing into the Sd.Kfz. 251, Siegfried turned to see the Japanese man... Akira fiddling with the MG42.

"Do you even know how to use one of those without lying down and using a bi-pod?" Siegfried asked gravelly, loping over to the back of the halftrack and squeezing into the crew compartment, careful not to slip on the blood of the shredded ex-MG42 gunner.
Siegfried carefully reached pass Akira and detached the MG42, Siegfried held the 25 pound machine gun out toward Akira like it weighed nothing.
"If you think you can use it, you're free to, I'll be happy to take it if you're not interested."

{(OOC: Grom, Siegfried will try to find some goddamned pants after this, cause I figure the ones he was wearing were trashed, as well as hand grenades and anything else useful.)}
Janitor101
Janitor101

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sun May 08, 2011 3:04 am

"Damn," Sergio breathed. He felt intensely relieved that Siegfried was able to maintain his human sanity while in his beast form. The satyr had done some research about certain lycanthropes that ... weren't so lucky (and neither were their friends).

"I am glad you have control over your wolf side," Sergio said as he crawled out of the ditch. "Otherwise we'd all share the fate of these soldiers." He looked down at the remains of a soldier. He felt it a little insensitive to be stealing from a dead man, but this was war. Perhaps he could find something useful in the halftrack... Or maybe just steal the halftrack in general.
The satyr clopped over to the idling vehicle.
"How sneaky can we be with one of these? And is it practical to steal it? Because I've kind of always wanted one."
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Sun May 08, 2011 11:13 am

Thorsten looked over at the American and shook his head with a hint of shame. There was no way he could save Douglas now. He'd have to be left behind and retrieved by the squad later. He then began searching through the pockets and packs of the patrol they had downed. Perhaps more medical supplies or a more suitable counterpart weapon for the Luger that Thorsten could actually tolerate were among the bodies.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuidado Sun May 08, 2011 4:03 pm

While fiddling with the MG42, the large werewolf said, "Yes, it is me." With that Akira stopped momentarily and looked at the large beast. "That was Siegfried?" Akira though to himself. Still deliberating, Akira went back to work trying to release the MG42 from the grips of the gun mount. Apparently, Siegfried heard the noisy attempts of Akira and said to him, "Do you even know how to use one of those without lying down and using a bi-pod?". Then Siegfried reached carefully around Akira and grabbed the MG42 right out of its mount. The bolts holding the gun in place, now in two, made faint clanking sounds as they hit the floor of the gun mount. On the inside, Akira screamed like a little girl as Siegfried has grabbed the gun. On the outside, he only shook slightly. Almost, to the point of chattering his teeth. This was impossible to Akira. Science was not this advanced. Akira knew that because he was the cutting edge of science. Siegfried's transformation astounded, confused, and scared Akira. It mostly scared him. Bringing Akira out of his mind and shivering state, Siegfried said, "If you think you can use it, you're free to, I'll be happy to take it if you're not interested." Pretending to think over Siegfried's question, Akira sized up the new, more hairier Siegfried. it was all too much to take in. He decided he would question Siegfried more after the mission. Getting back to the question, still unanswered, Akira said, " To be honest, I have never shot anything that big. I would assume I would be fine using a mount or using it on the ground. Those are the only ways to use that right? I mean, holding it would make the gun extremely hard to control and horribly inaccurate. I guess I could take it. Just let me see it." Akira reached out for the gun, not realizing how heavy it actually was.
Cuidado
Cuidado

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Janitor101 Sun May 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Siegfried shook his head.
"You can shoot an MG42 while standing, but there's a specific way it has to be done, or you land on your ass. I don't have time to show you how, and shooting it to show you would give away our position, besides this one doesn't have a bi-pod since it was mounted." Siegfried said, still holding the MG42.
"You sure you want it? It's not a light weapon."
Janitor101
Janitor101

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Thu May 12, 2011 10:51 am

Jonathan's search was not in vain - in the rear passenger compartment, the American stumbled across a tarpaulin. Lifting it, his eyes widened; beneath were three Panzerfaust recoilless rifles, ready for use. Apparently, this half-track had been hunting bigger game than a patrol of commandos. The search yielded little else, but the anti-tank weapons might prove useful.

Wandering around to the front of the half-track, Sergio grimaced as he pulled the dead driver from the cabin of the vehicle. The half-track still seemed operable; in fact, the engine was still running. The controls were unfamiliar to the satyr; perhaps someone with more experience would be needed.

Thorsten's frisking of the bodies netted him several clips of Luger ammunition, as well as some more bandages. The patrol had been lightly equipped, with just their basic equipment and supplies - the mechanised patrol was obviously meant to return to base frequently. Rolling a body over, the German doctor retrieved one of the dead soldier's machinepistols - an MP40, if Thorsten's knowledge of weapons matched his knowledge of healing. Another quick frisk earned him five clips of ammunition, which he tucked away. The pilot had also helped himself to one of the machinepistols - though not as accurate at range or as effective as the assault rifles, the machinepistols were much smaller and easier to operate.

Resting the MG-42 on his shoulder, Siegfried wandered around to meet with the rest of the group near the cabin of the half-track to plan their next move. Sergio again mentioned something about utilising the vehicle; Never Misses was immediately against the decision, stating in plain terms that a group of men in the woods were quieter and faster than an armoured troop carrier on an open road. Either way, the group still had a rendezvous to make...

((Sorry for the gap, guys - been a bit rushed with work, and I'm trying to launch a similar western RP over at SSLF. That and I've lost my iPod, so midnight updates are now an impossibility. Sad))
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuidado Thu May 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Reconsidering the burden of the MG42, Akira let Siegfried keep the heavy gun. Getting out of the turret, Akira joined the rest of the squad at the front of the half-track. Letting everyone else talk Akira leaned against the half-track and listened. He knew little of what to do. All he knew was that they had to get to the rendezvous. Sergio mentioned making use of the half-track but which Akira thought was a good idea. Apparently Never Misses disagreed as he said the group in the woods was much quieter than the group in the half-track. "That is true. I would assure the engine on this half-track would give our position away but we should do something with it so the enemy can't get any use out of it.", Akira said, wanting to make some contribution to the conversation. Then, a spark of genius went off and Akira opened hood of the half-track and looked at the engine. "Anyone got a wrench?", Akira said as he eyed the engine in happy elation. He wondered what contraptions he could make out of the numerous parts the engine contained.
Cuidado
Cuidado

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Janitor101 Thu May 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Siegfried collected the MG42, all the ammunition he could find for it, since the 1200 RPM would eat ammo. Siegfried also took the largest pair of pants he could find off the dead soldiers, to replace his mostly shredded pants, he also looted the soldier's MP40s for the 9mm rounds which he could use in his newly acquired Luger. Also keeping his eyes open for any grenades should any be present and undamaged.

Then Siegfried headed back to the ditch to collect his own gear and to check on the prisoner.
"Sind Sie o.k.?" He asked as he pushed the branches aside to find the German soldier.
Janitor101
Janitor101

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Thu May 12, 2011 4:15 pm

MP40's? Thorsten had heard about these from a friend with military affiliations. Maybe he could handle such a weapon. This gun was lighter than the last one he picked up and since the ammo seemed to work with both the submachine gun and his pistol, it could also come in handy. He grabbed one and held it in firing position, looking down the sights. He also tried to find as much ammo as he could to keep a healthy stock.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum