Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:04 pm

I actually did shit today and now I am exhausted.

But first, the Jazz show last night was great. Lots of my friends are more talented than I am. My favorites of the night were The Girl in 14G and Uptown Girl, performed by an all-male ensemble. Fun night.

Then I got to wake up and go help with a local Easter egg hunt for service hours (and now I am DONE frik yeah!). I helped as best I could, and the parks and rec ladies in charge put me in the ever-important job of controlling the music volume. The mayor was the MC (more or less) and I had to lower the music's volume whenever he spoke. Or looked like he was about to speak. Or thought about speaking. He was across the street with a bunch of people around him. My vantage point by the speaker wasn't so great, either, as some trees blocked my view part of the time. But it was fun. I got to listen to Kid's Bop Four Hundred and Seventy-Two or whatever and giggle to myself whenever I heard the cute little kids sing songs like Telephone, Firework, that one B.O.B "song" featuring Hayley Williams that has something to do with airplanes, and Single Ladies.
I left early because I only needed two hours of service (I got four, anyway) and so I could go play capture the flag with my friends in the park. We ended up only playing one game. I won it for the guys' team, though. And I was barefoot. Man, running barefoot is awesome. Except for the part where I'm really out of shape and my feet hurt. Then we pretty much discussed prom drama and Band drama and how stupid drama is and blah blah blah
Then my parents decided to take me to an art festival thing in the swanky neighboring town's square. That was neat. I saw some fountains and only realized they were vagina fountains after I pointed them out to my mom, saying "Those are neat."

The things I do when I'm tired really shouldn't be repeated.

Last edited by The Magic Tuba Pixie on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Muffolithid Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:36 pm

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:that one B.O.B "song" featuring Hayley Williams that has something to do with airplanes
You mean "Airplanes"? Razz And just because it's a rap doesn't mean it's not music...

So the Phillies game was postponed until June 15th, which is fine with me 'cause it'll be part of a day/night doubleheader. This is also going to be the same week of my graduation party, and my aunt and uncle are coming over from California for that, which means that there's a good chance I'll be going to the baseball game with my awesome uncle. He has a mustache and he's a police officer and he plays Scrabble and everything.

Still didn't play D&D tonight despite the fact that I didn't go to the game. I didn't really feel like it tonight, which is funny considering I haven't really felt like it for the past three weeks. I mean, maybe if someone else would DM for change...
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:22 am

Eagle Scout Board of Review in three days.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- I'm nervous. I have a strange feeling my workbook won't be adequate.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:29 am

Vorgain wrote:Eagle Scout Board of Review in three days.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- I'm nervous. I have a strange feeling my workbook won't be adequate.

Dude, you'll do great! I'm sure you have everything in order. If it makes you feel any better, you can make two more copies; I've heard Eagle Boards of Review like to have three copies while they ask you questions (that being said, I only had two copies Razz ). And the BOR itself is painless, really. It's almost awkward at first, but then they start asking you questions like "What's one of your most memorable moment in Scouts?" or "What was your hardest Merit Badge?" Mine was a real friendly atmosphere; you've done the hard part already.

Good luck and don't panic!
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:16 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:
Vorgain wrote:Eagle Scout Board of Review in three days.

Dude, you'll do great! I'm sure you have everything in order. If it makes you feel any better, you can make two more copies; I've heard Eagle Boards of Review like to have three copies while they ask you questions (that being said, I only had two copies Razz ). And the BOR itself is painless, really. It's almost awkward at first, but then they start asking you questions like "What's one of your most memorable moment in Scouts?" or "What was your hardest Merit Badge?" Mine was a real friendly atmosphere; you've done the hard part already.

Good luck and don't panic!

My Eagle Board only wants one. Razz

I'm just hoping it's up to par... *insert nervous look here*

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 7 Empty Fuck that squid! I'm outta here!

Post  Nirdian Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:19 am

For the first time ever, I ended a game prematurely. The endboss of Crysis just killed me over and over and over again. And that's not even the worst part. The worst part is that the terms of dying appeared to be completely random and that he froze the game while killing my character. Forcing me to kill the game, then reboot the computer. I just got sick of it.

So now, I watched the ending on YouTube and I'm currently installing Crysis 2. :3

Fuck you squid, I aint playing your damn game no more.

Major flaws in Crysis:

-Hard as fuck
-Immensely annoying enemies (Helicopters for Koreans, big flying squid for the aliens).
-Inability to change difficulty after starting the campaign.
-No chapter-selection for a new game.
-Will kill your computer if it shows the slightest amount of weakness.
-Lag=Death
-Enemies have fucking X-ray vision.
-Ammo is a rarity, so is different kinds of guns.
-Energy drains way too quickly.

And yet still I liked it. Although not nearly as much as, say Dead Space or Reach.

Now let's see how Crysis 2 fares... And yes, I will, from now on, start many-a-game on easy by default. Frustrating deaths and ammo-deficiencies are just not fun and kill the purpose, which is to blow off steam and, well, relax and have fun.

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Justicarius Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:23 am

Had the most amazing time sparring at sword class, man. After an intense long-sword match against my friend (I think I won. Don't really remember; it was a close 5 rounds), we used these things called Dussacks. IImagine a saber made out of clunky leather; that's what it looks like. It's a sort of training sword; we had learned stances and some basic techniques last week for it. Btw, all the techniques are appliable to cutlasses and sabers.

Anywho, the 'Ghost' won. 'Ghost' is when it's a tied round (We hit each other at the same time, one of us may have been wounded badly but managed to do the same to the other, etc.). Fighting with dussacks is awesome. There's no finesse involved; it's literally spamming chops until one of you performs a grab or manages to get a stab in. At one point my friend tackled me after twisting out of one of my chops.

Now, we're wearing this bulky cloth armor (idk what it's called, but it's pronounced 'gam-bin-sen') as well as even bulkier fencing helmets. He has depth perception problems (Fencing helmets have that weird net visor like a bee mask, which is why I'm mentioning this), I wear glasses which I had taken off to spar with. We were both VERY disorientated just from those two facts alone. So when he knocked me down, he proceeded to slash blindly at me while I was on my side with him sitting on me; my mask almost smothering me from being knocked upwards.

However, despite hitting me eight times, he hit me with the flat of his blade; not the sharp bit! So when he sat up, thinking he had won (Judges hadn't called anything), I proceeded to grab my sword and perform a downward stab into his gut. At the time, I had thought he had actually gotten me since I couldn't see anything, so I was doing it for laughs. Apparently, I won the round. Good times. Very Happy

After that, he would go on to soundly beat my younger brother in multiple rounds of Dutch knife fighting. I then decided to face my brother using rapiers; the only steel weapons (Everything else was training plastic or wood) the quartermaster had brought. Well, they weren't steel; they were foil metal. So we were basically fighting with unsharpened rapiers with covered tips.

I realized I had made a mistake when I recalled how much lankier and taller my brother is. I got some really neat wrist stabs in but got my ass kicked. He also managed to get a hefty kick into the back of my knee.

In other news, I decided to test out my bro's Airsoft jacket against his G36k. We both wanted to see how well it could protect against a single shot. Well, he managed to hit the weakest point in the jacket. It just so happened I had a zit on my back right on that spot. Freaking, ouch.
Justicarius
Justicarius

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 am

Haven't been online much, nor talking much in the past two days. The reason being that I'm rather shocked and confused, since my grandfather was diagnosed with cancer, in his lung.
Although it isn't lung-cancer and not very, instantly lethal, it is apparently irreversible at this point. So yeah, I'm very much confused right now, lots of different thoughts trying to get processed and it's all blocking up, or some psychological mumbo-jumbo like that.

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:44 am

That's rough, man. I'm sorry.
I feel as though anything following that post is unnecessarily inane and irrelevant.

Yesterday I installed Lightworks, an open source free video-editing software. I've used Final Cut Pro for similar projects, but I no longer have access to that program (what with being a Mac-exclusive program and such). I have music video ideas that run through my head almost constantly, so once I figure out how to use Lightworks, maybe I can get back into film.

Oh, and my official Eagle Scout stuff came in today! I now can be a card-carrying Eagle Scout!
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:Oh, and my official Eagle Scout stuff came in today! I now can be a card-carrying Eagle Scout!
Speaking of which...

I.

FUCKING.

MADE.

IT.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:19 pm

Vorgain wrote:
The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:Oh, and my official Eagle Scout stuff came in today! I now can be a card-carrying Eagle Scout!
Speaking of which...

I.

FUCKING.

MADE.

IT.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Hell yeah bro. Congratulations again.

While on the subject of Eagle Scout stuff, as of tonight I've had mine for one year and aout one hour. Today is also some sort of holidy for smoking weed. My friends and I had a great laugh when I was talking about my one-year Eagle aniiversary and they brought this other weed holidy to my attention...
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:09 am

Yeah - we're doomed to have the crowning achievement of our scouting careers on the same day as "lolgethigh" day. >.<

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, SSLF is down for me again.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:25 am

Wow... I think it's pretty remarkable how Tuberz was the only guy who even noticed that I'm going through a relatively rough time right now (and thanks for that, btw. I would add a smiley, but it seems inappropriate, somehow).

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:37 am

Nirdian wrote:Wow... I think it's pretty remarkable how Tuberz was the only guy who even noticed that I'm going through a relatively rough time right now (and thanks for that, btw. I would add a smiley, but it seems inappropriate, somehow).

Oh, shit. I completely missed that post.

My grandfather had lung cancer, too. Or has. Idk. He had an... aggressive tumor - I think that's what it's called - a while ago, and then they found and removed a benign one just a few weeks ago.

I'm sorry to hear that there's not really much they can do for your grandfather. I seriously am. Cancer's affected two people in my family (aforementioned grandfather and my mom), and both made it through. I'd like to say don't give up hope, but... I don't see what you can really look at to give you hope. If you're not religious, you can't pray or anything, or think he's going to Heaven.

Seriously, I'm sorry. If you need someone to help sort out the things running through your head, feel free to shoot me a PM. Supposedly I'm good at helping people...

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:45 am

Vorgain wrote:Oh, shit. I completely missed that post.

My grandfather had lung cancer, too. Or has. Idk. He had an... aggressive tumor - I think that's what it's called - a while ago, and then they found and removed a benign one just a few weeks ago.

I'm sorry to hear that there's not really much they can do for your grandfather. I seriously am. Cancer's affected two people in my family (aforementioned grandfather and my mom), and both made it through. I'd like to say don't give up hope, but... I don't see what you can really look at to give you hope. If you're not religious, you can't pray or anything, or think he's going to Heaven.

Seriously, I'm sorry. If you need someone to help sort out the things running through your head, feel free to shoot me a PM. Supposedly I'm good at helping people...

It's k. And I'm relatively alright, just still a bit confused.

Sorry to hear about your family-based cancer incidents. Mine hasn't seen many cancer-fatalities, most of them were due to heart-failure (that's how I lost my grandfather on my dad's side when I was 6, for example), or old age. The only run-in I had with cancer up until now was wehn my (unrelated) aunt died, she had a type of lung-cancer usually caused by asbestos that had spread to her brain, which may have explained her erratic behavior she had for years (massive mood-swings for example and sudden, inexplicable bursts of rage over small matters). I never really knew her and was more shocked by how she looked in the coffin (weird make-up made her almost look alive, it was scary), then by the fact that she was actually dead.

In any case, It's just that I found it remarkable how things just get ignored. I mean, I write something here, something sad and serious and then, the only thing that's being reacted to in the post after was about scouts (this sentence sucks, but I can't figure out how to fix it right now). There's probably some heavy criticism to be found about the internet there (like how 70% of all tweets are effectively being ignored, these being my 'tweets' they're part of that 70% I guess). And now, I don't know how to drive that point on, I'll just let the guys at TIME or NG handle that. "Are we becoming less social and are we blocking out all that's bad?" (<- Something like that.)

And now I shall violently change the subject by showing you guys some awesome Japanese dudes. (See what I did there? See?!)

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  El Taco Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:02 am

It's been a while since I posted in this topic. Kinda ruins the purpose, doesn't it?

Anyway Nird, I'm really sorry 'bout your grandfather. Actually, I can sort of feel for you. My grandmother's been diagnosed with tumors on her bladder, and until early May, no one will know for sure if they're particularly serious or not. What concerns me is that this is her second instance of cancer in completely unrelated sections of her body, so it's worrying. Not to mention I didn't know until three weeks after they found out.

On a somewhat brighter note. The breaks begun! Yay...
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Drake Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:47 am

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather, Nirdian. :( You have my deepest sympathies. I'll be sure to say a prayer for your grandfather; like Vorgy said, I personally find that it helps, especially when things seem bad. There haven't been any cancer-related deaths in my family (at least, none that I was around for), but I've lost all my grandparents except one to illnesses, along with many other relatives of mine, so I know at least somewhat how you feel. I'm very sorry.

On a happy subject, since you did call for a subject change... uh, I can't really think of much. Everything for me is the same as it was last time I posted here. Except for the fact that I've been totally devoid of inspiration to work on LotF and PSN is down today and possibly tomorrow. Plus I'm not in the best of moods right now since I have tons of tests and exams piled up over the next few weeks, some of which I'm quite worried about... so I guess I'll just... go now.
Lady Drake
Lady Drake

Characters
Name:
Stats:

http://www.wulfgard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:20 am

Sorry to hear about that Nirds. First post I saw as new was Vorg's. I haven't had any family die of cancer that I know, but my "adoptive grandfather figure" had it in his bladder and prostate then it spread to his hip bones and back, and shit just went downhill from there. He was 92 when he died.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:05 pm

That's tough, Nirdy. You have my condolences, bro. I'll make sure to pray for your grandfather. Also, would it be ok if I mentioned him at my church's service during our prayer time?

To look on the bright side, though, I think I might just have something.
It's kinda gory, but at the same time very hilarious.
Here it is.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:08 pm

FYI, our family is probably one of the least religious and most godless ones in the world. So 'praying' is... apart from being virtually zero consolation (although it's the thought that counts, right, so yeah, a bit of consolation that one thinks about it), it could almost be considered borderline offensive, actually (again, I would normally add a smiley here, but it's just not appropriate). Empathy is nice though.
My grandfather grew up in a reformed christian society, and he's probably still registered as reformed christian somewhere, but he's often uttered that he doesn't think about religion, doesn't believe in it and just sees death as the end of life, nothing more. As for my parents, I think my mother was still baptized, my father wasn't. And me... Well... Let's just say that I'm open to the thought of life on other planets and the possible existence of parallel universes, and that's pretty much it.

And the only religion that I'm remotely comfortable with is buddhism, the old, pure kind. Because Nirvana is basically what happens after you've died, your individual body gets broken down and 'returned' to the greater system (On a slightly different subject, I'm also known to get into serious fights with creationists and the likes. 4 years in Bayern... was not fun for me).

Tehwilburforce wrote:It's kinda gory, but at the same time very hilarious.
Here it is.

Not big on pokemon... But, LOL, that's just... wrong. Razz (Here I can add smilies!)

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Drake Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:11 pm

*shrug* Whatever is cool with you. Just figured I'd point out that I'll do it since, to me, it actually means something. Try to think of it that way instead of seeing it as offensive.
I was tempted to not mention it since religion is such a touchy subject these days, but I figured it was the thought that counts. Next time I suppose I'll just remain silent, if I offended you somehow; so, sorry about that.

PSN is still down, and it was down all night. Now I'll probably stay up until 1 AM just on the hopes of catching a glimpse of some new Uncharted 3 mutliplayer stuff on some silly "gamer" TV show...

EDIT: Oh wait, it's on Spike TV and the whole show is only 30 minutes long... Eh, can't decide if it's worth it or not.

Last edited by Lady Drake on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Lady Drake
Lady Drake

Characters
Name:
Stats:

http://www.wulfgard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:13 pm

Well, we're five pages into the RP and so far I'm still enjoying it, so that's a good sign. Are you guys finding it fun? Despite having lots of ideas and some writing ability, when it comes to DMing RPs I'm still a bit of a rookie. Anything you guys think I need to improve on?
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Lady Drake wrote:*shrug* Whatever is cool with you. Just figured I'd point out that I'll do it since, to me, it actually means something. Try to think of it that way instead of seeing it as offensive.

Borderline offensive, although I may have overreacted a bit. I guess it's nice that people would consider such a thing (since they believe that it works), but it can come across a bit as "Yeah... So I'm just going to pray for your heathen souls." -ish. I'm having trouble wording it, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Enough about religion.

Anyway, thanks all for the consolidating (is that the right word? I hope so) words. Even though the end is in sight, he is still rather fit, so I'll just try to see him a few last times and get some good moments out of it.

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Lol. Don't worry about your RPing ability Grom. You're a pretty good DM so far. The curves you threw at us for splitting up were great to play through. Also I have gotten a new blog, as my old one was kinda dead in the water when I made it. It's the link that I have put on my profile as my website, so click on the button and go take a look. Or you can click here.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Merc Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:43 pm

@Grom: I'm only two posts in, so take this with a grain of salt, but my experience with the RP so far is overwhelmingly positive. You're doing a great job of keeping everyone active despite being separated into several groups, as well as resolving the conflicts before they get too prolonged. Excited for us to move on!
Merc
Merc
Admin

Characters
Name: Dwellervorn
Stats:

https://threemileisland.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next