Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 4 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Muffolithid Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:06 pm

@Nird: Because I'm nice I'll tell you that the MadMen thing was my April Fools joke for SSLF. The fact that I've made it into a joke should assure you that I'm never actually going to make an Issue 4. Razz

Another great Phillies game tonight! There was no D&D because one of our players had to go to a wedding, so I just stayed home and watched baseball. The Phillies won 9-4 against the Astros, and Cliff Lee pitched amazingly.

(Since no one here cares, I'll summarize why Cliff Lee is a big deal in Philly: He came to our team for the second half of the 2009 season, got us to the World Series, and ended up being our best pitcher. We ended up losing the series to the Yankees, and then we traded him away to get another pitcher who we'd been going after for a long time (Roy Halladay). Everyone was upset that we got rid of Cliff Lee, even though the new guy was a lot better (we weren't mad that we got Halladay, just upset that we couldn't keep both guys). Then Cliff Lee became a free agent after the 2010 season and every team wanted him. He turned down a giiiiiiant deal with the Yankees so that he could come back to Philly, despite the Phillies offering him less money and fewer years, simply because he loved the city and the fans. Now we do have both Halladay and Lee, and it's awesome.)

So yeah. Baseball knowledge up in here. I was really happy because I wanted Cliff Lee to have a great first game back, and he did. Very Happy
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 4 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Grombrindal Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Well, I ALMOST finished the sign-up for the Weird War RP the other night. Then my entire PC crashed and I lost all the work I'd done.

Sigh.

I did, however, spend some time fiddling with Paint.net in an attempt to make some cool images:

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 4 Heroes
A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 4 Wall_1
A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 4 Telegram
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Janitor101 Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Grom, how could the British get away from charging an American Ranger (working off your earlier example for a W:WWII Char) with treason? The British tried that when the most advanced rifle issue to soldiers was a musket, and they failed.
Janitor101
Janitor101

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:55 pm

HOLY SHIT! (This will probably only concern me and MTP though)

Anyways: It looks like Izzo finally made the transition to flickr! Very Happy

/and there was much rejoicing.

How I first made contact with Izzo's work:
A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 4 Perhaps_a_contest_entering_copy
Yeah... Razz

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Spent the day watching the Phillies with my family + grandpa (Phillies won 7-3 and swept the Astros; great start to the season!). We had a nice dinner and overall it was a very relaxed day. I also started working on a very secret blog project (a blogject!) that might take me a few weeks to complete. I feel like people are gonna be really annoyed by me once I eventually finish and publish it. Very Happy
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:27 am

HELLO Series 4. :3

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 4 5590436786_152cebf56d_z

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:16 am

Nirdian wrote:
/ Azermith & Co.

Oh, God. That's so ... old. It's been forever since I looked back in that folder.

And Izzo's on Flickr? Fuck yeah! That guy is so amazing!

So, I got back from Bant Trip late last night and was so exhausted (both physically and emotionally) that I just read Hamlet and crashed.
It was a blast! I roomed with some friends (since I'm not allowed to room with girls, the predominant gender of my friends) and it was fun. One of my friend's birthday was on the trip (April 1st, actually) and we had a little party in our room after the curfew, where his best friend gave him a tie and a dress shirt and some Dublin Dr. Pepper (made with real Imperial Pure Cane Sugar!). The bromance between those two is really sweet.
The condo my roommates and I shared was gorgeous. We were on the bottom floor of the condominium complex and we could literally open our back door and walk directly onto the Corpus Cristi coastline. The sand was so soft and the water so cool. At night, the beach was lit dimly enough to play in the sand, but not so bright that we could go drown in the ocean. Seaweed is gross, but that's my only complaint.
We have this thing in our Band that we call "Meals for Mustangs" (Mustangs being our school mascot and thus, the Band mascot). It's where the rooms all compete in this cooking challenge to see who can make the best entrée, appetizer, desert, who has the best presentation, and what won overall. During this, the guys an girls are allowed into each other's rooms, as long as the door is open (Band incest is bad). We usually have a rave going on in one of the rooms, but I didn't find it for a while. Luckily, when I did, I was able to run around the complex and find all the ladies and bring them there so I didn't have to grind on some guys. That was fun. When I went down to the beach to cool off after having dry sex* with a bunch of people, I could still see the strobe light in the room window.
And then there was the actual Band dance. That's when we Seniors got to will down all the traditions handed down to us. That's bittersweet in many ways. Then I got to have dry sex again, but with a bunch more people. The DJ was pretty good, but he cut off Sandstorm and Daft Punk's Alive version of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. He did, however, play Shout!, YMCA, and The Chicken Dance, as well as Cupid Shuffle. Twice. That song is really fun to dance to.
Then we came home and had to go to school. Talk about suck.

Aaaaand that's why I missed a full page of Study on the Feats of Man and all of the good April Fool's pranks on both SSLF and Flickr. The end.

OH OH OH and one of my (non-Bandie) friends gave me my birthday present today! She hand-stitched me a Litwick / Hitomoshi plushie! It's so cute and I love it!

*Not literal sex. Have you ever seen anyone grind before?
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:06 am

Motherfucker, I have grey hairs at 18.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:23 am

Good day today. Have a lot of school work to make up from the band trip MTP mentioned. My roommates from that trip have now become obsessed with Dokapon Kingdom a.k.a. the Best Game EVAR!!! Also wore my Josh Hamilton jersey today. Go Rangers!!! (We'll see about those Phillies, Muffo.) Razz
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:06 pm

So I was re-syncing my iPod, cause I haven't sync'd it an eternity. Since the aat time I sync'd it, I had to swap my iTunes to another profile to due to virus issues. I lost The Final Riot! and this makes me very very very very veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery mad right now.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:14 pm

@Wilbur: I actually like the Rangers (so long as they stay where they belong in the American League, far away from me), and the two of us share a common enemy in the San Francisco Giants.

@Wiffleball: Mmm, I think I'll listen to The Final Riot! right about now. Razz

So I went to the Phillies game tonight. It was cold, it was windy, and they raised the price of my favorite sandwich to $9.50 while simultaneously cutting out half of the meat, essentially destroying it. On top of that the Phillies kind of got massacred by their rivals, the Mets. I did not have fun, but at least the Mets are a horrible team that still won't make the playoffs ever again.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:19 am

So I just finished Dead Space 2...

HOLY CARP THAT GAME'S AMAZING! It took everything what made the 1st awesome, improved it on all fronts and then churned the rest up to eleven! In other words, this game's INTENSE!

It wasn't as much fun as the first, but that was my own stupid fault. I started it on Normal, instead of easy. Big mistake... The game gets a LOT harder (easy=still intense, but fun. normal=crap I just died again... AND WHERE'S MY AMMO?!).
Other things that annoyed me was the fact that it was on two discs and that the disc-switch was at a very impractical point in the game, just squat in the middle. The other annoyance was in the fact that I could no longer zero-G jump, which was always fun as hell (flying's also cool, but not as cool as the jumping).

That all doesn't matter much though because... MY GOD was the campaign BRILLIANT! Visceral Games, I love you! You gave me a new favorite game-franchise. :3

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:10 am

Yeeeeeah, the last few chapters of Dead Space 2 were intensely hard. I really liked the game, but at the end there it was almost ruined for me because I completely stopped having fun.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:24 am

So. I went on a field trip today. We went to the local museums, the Kimball and the Modern.
I loved the Kimball, as I always do, because it's neat.
The Modern, which I had never been to before, was ... interesting.
Modern art gives me a major headache. I can't really explain why, but it does. And whenever I try and say "That's not art; that's a hunk of scrap metal you found on the street" or "a block of wood" or "three dots and some black scribbles" I get attacked for being an uneducated plebeian and end up feeling like a moron.
Though, that's not to say that some of the modern stuff wasn't enjoyable through my uncultured eyes. Just the Modern's collection was not nearly as enjoyable to me as the Kimball's.

And then, when I got back from school, I tried to take the Calculus test (that I'm going to fail regardless) that I missed as a result of being on the field trip, only to find the teacher's room locked and dark.

But then my 1 / 100th scale Master Grade Gogg*. I only paid about $28 for it. I love The Gundam Store and More's Deals of the Week!

*Yes, it looks really silly. I understand. But it's a cheap Master Grade! How can you say no?
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:31 am

Been building quite a bit lately...

Too lazy to do the pic-link and all right now...

... So here's a link to my Flickr, enjoy. Smile

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 am

I just got a Nokia E71 on the Straight Talk network. Unlimited calls, text, web for $45 a month. And this thing is 3G.

I do declare I have made a great steal today.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:17 am

I finally got a job! I'm pretty much a groundskeeper at a nearby hockey field (no, not ice hockey, the one with the ball), but the pay is good for a first job, the manager is a nice old-ish man and I get paid large sums of money to do very little all day besides water the field and make sure nobody bleeds
on the field.

Additionally, my Weird War II RP has made it into the sign-up stage, so I'll be advertising that for a while. I really want this to succeed, so the more of you guys that jump in, the better. I won't even mrser you all on a whim! Very Happy
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:16 am

Yeah, Grom, I'm, like, super excited about Nerves of Steel. It's probably the only thing that dragged me away from my happy building of that Gogg model.
Oh, man, that thing is soo gorgeous ♥♥♥ ... Like, it has greebling on the inner frame which I can totally enhance and stuff...oh, I get just so excited just thinking about it...
And! The armor plates that lay over the inner frame are all completely removable! There are even gaps in the plating so that I don't have to seal the armor on top of the greebs! And the leg armor ... it has molding on the inside of the outer armor! Ohh, man. It's ... it's ... incredible. *sigh*
I wish I had gotten in to Master Grades sooner.

The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:34 am

What's up my broskies? I am back from West Palm Beach and I probably missed a load of stuff that's been going on over here at Tee-Em-Aye. So what's up?
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:49 am

I had prom.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 4 217200_1967528276055_1478393331_32305564_2100267_n

Dumb Biddies

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 4 217150_10150160043194380_747549379_6363592_1457475_n

Derp.

The after party made me realize that I will never drink as much as I did. I fell on the floor and my friend put her foot on me for 2 hours and I couldn't get up. It was bad.
Lucifer
Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:36 am

I skipped prom to go to West Palm Beach Razz

Anyone else getting a server-is-down message at SSLF?
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  El Taco Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 am

Nope. All is good for me.
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:25 am

Yeah, SSLF is down for me, too.

On another note, I'm seeing a movie tonight.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:34 am

Vorgain wrote:On another note, I'm seeing a movie tonight.

Cinema? Home? Friend? Movie's name?

Be more specific.

So anyway, what are you gonna watch?

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:42 am

Cinema, with my friend who reviews movies for his school and thus gets in for free. Me, as camera man, also gets in for free.

Hanna, I think we're seeing.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next