Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help or Advice in DMing

2 posters

:: Discourse :: Agora

Go down

Help or Advice in DMing Empty Help or Advice in DMing

Post  Cuidado Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:29 pm

It is what you see. Since I am a total n00b and have been a DM only one (and that game was a total FAIL) and am interested in hosting an RP myself, I am asking you, my fellow forumers, for advice. Mostly because everyone in my town that used to play DnD is gone and all game stores nearby are at least an 1hr away an that is way out of my way just to get advice. Please feel free to give advise, suggestions, or your own personal stories of success or mishap.
Cuidado
Cuidado

Characters
Name: Garrel
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Help or Advice in DMing Empty Re: Help or Advice in DMing

Post  Pterodactyl Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Don't go with typical. No immediate explosions and no boring intros. Both are useful, they just don't work well and it confuses people. In my RPs, grand total of two, I start off with an interesting introduction where you get the opportunity to learn how the RP works. A shooting range and grabbing weapons is what I did, and it worked OK. Also, don't start an RP when five or less sign up. New DMs especially should have enough dedicated posters to not hinder the entire RP, not to mention collateral from people not posting. And BTW, a cliche storyline isn't always bad. Throw a couple of robots in there! A traitor? Why not? If you need any advice, ask the other new guy in DMing.
Pterodactyl
Pterodactyl

Back to top Go down

:: Discourse :: Agora

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum