Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee Shop Shakedown

5 posters

Go down

Coffee Shop Shakedown Empty Coffee Shop Shakedown

Post  Crustacean Freak Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 am

Considering this forum seems to be more dedicated to writing than SSLF, I thought perhaps I would try to get some thoughtful advice and comments from the fine gentlemen of this place. I recently finished up a quick and violent short story for my fiction writing class as my final assignment. I'm not as satisfied with it as I was with Bookends.

Coffee Shop Shakedown (On Tumblr)

Any and all advice would be appreciated.
Crustacean Freak
Crustacean Freak

Back to top Go down

Coffee Shop Shakedown Empty Re: Coffee Shop Shakedown

Post  El Taco Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:33 am

Do you write under a pseudonym, or is Cameron Peacock your actual name? If it's actually your name, you have the greatest last name ever.

Anyway, this was pretty damn tragic, but really well written. I like how well you establish the setting of the coffee shop, it comes across really well. So...I like!
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:26 am

I didn't even know you had a blag. Anyway, Imma follow that, there's some interesting stuff on it. And I'll try and read those short stories of yours ASAP. Smile

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Crustacean Freak Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Taco: Thanks! And yeah, my real name is Cameron Peacock.
Crustacean Freak
Crustacean Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterodactyl Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Hehe, Peacock. Anyways, I really like your writing. It seems like you actually care about what you write and you put thought into every detail. Words seem as if they are chosen individually, not written by phrase.
Pterodactyl
Pterodactyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:46 pm

I'm glad to gave another writer on here, Crustacean. Anyway, not exactly my cup of tea, but very well written. The metaphors are interesting and gruesomely engaging. It's my personal preference to lay off on the cusses, but since it's your story, that's your call. Also, try to give a bit of background into Sean and Melanie's relationship so that he has a really good motive for shooting her. Any guy can break up with a girl for cheating, unless he thinks they had a really special relationship and she completely ruins it by making a stupid choice. This story really reminds me of an opening to an episode of CSI, where there's a cool story behind the murder that is shown in the beginning.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: