Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Three Mile Island

+9
Lucifer
Hawk
Grombrindal
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Muffolithid
El Taco
Lord Wiffilius
Nirdian
Merc
13 posters

Go down

About Three Mile Island Empty About Three Mile Island

Post  Merc Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:46 pm

About Three Mile Island GBLmD
Hello, I'm Merc. I'm the administrator of Three Mile Island, as well as being a moderator at Saber Scorpion's Lair Forums. Since you're here you probably already know that, and also that I ran another forum before this: Soul of the City. Sadly that had to be abandoned due to mass-registration bots forcing me to disable new members joining. Lack of support from the host also compounded the issue. Eventually it became apparent that the forum had stagnated, and although it's sad to see my attempt fail, it also provides me an opportunity to improve and expand the forum.

Three Mile Island is an extension of the ethos I have run Soul of the City by in the past. I like a friendly atmosphere, a place where you can come to field ideas and get feedback, talk about whatever you want and perhaps roleplay with smaller, tight knit audiences. I don't consider constant moderation and policing a good way to spend my time so I expect the users to have common sense, recognise the boundaries and not overstep them. After all, this place is for you as much as it is me, so we are all responsible for it. Finally, all of this is only possible due to hard work of Saber Scorpion to form his community, and I thank him for that.

With all of this in mind there are a few simple rules I expect you all to know and understand:

1. RESPECT - Mutual respect is the easiest and most effective way to run a community. Tolerant, but never careless, we must afford each other the time and consideration that each of us deserves. Three Mile Island is built on sharing what we create, so you must be ready to accommodate what others say or your work, and they of what you say of theirs. Criticism as as much received as it is given.
  2. HONESTY - I expect that every member is a person of integrity. Acting with honesty in everything you do truly is the best policy, so no alternate accounts and no lies or sedition. We will always be reliant on the member base of SSLF, and thus we act in concert with it. If you are banned there, it likely means your attitude will be incompatible with posting here. Doing the right thing is always the priority.
  3. PARTICIPATION - The best feature of this forum is that we can see, read and experience what other people have to offer. That is why it's so important to help others out with feedback, critique, suggestions and comments, as well as posting your own efforts. This community will only thrive if we encourage an environment of group interaction and appraisal instead of close-mindedness.
Merc
Merc
Admin

Characters
Name: Dwellervorn
Stats:

https://threemileisland.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

About Three Mile Island Empty The Forum is dead, long live the Forum!

Post  Nirdian Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:03 am

So yeah. First off: Sad

That said, nice place you made here. Although I'm not quite used to the coloration, I do like the names you came up with for the different areas.

So... We're picking up where SotC left off I take it? Also: I can swear here as well, right? Right? :3

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

About Three Mile Island Empty Re: About Three Mile Island

Post  Lord Wiffilius Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 am

Yeah I'm here, I already made a mistake and I gotta get used to the new button layout. I was on auto pixel lol.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  El Taco Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:21 am

I'll get used to it...

Also, in the spirit of the original Soul of the City creation topic, I have a few words to say.

Shit.

EDIT: You should leave a message on the old site, so Osolis and Moonlight and folks who only go occasionally will know where to find us. Razz
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Merc Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:43 am

I don't mind swearing, as long as you keep in mind my words on respect.

As for SotC: I'm going to move all the topics into one board, so they can still be accessed and edited, but remove posting ability, then probably make another board that redirects to here for anyone who stumbles upon it.
Merc
Merc
Admin

Characters
Name: Dwellervorn
Stats:

https://threemileisland.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:36 pm

Alright, I'm here.

Lemme tell you, Merc, this forum better be good. DAMN GOOD. There better be, like, really good shit here. I'm not even going to tell you what I expect from you, just make it good, damnit.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:55 am

BTW: Is there a way that we could get the img and url tag-system the same way as it was on SotC? This "put it in a popup, always have your img/url at bottom of post"-thing is quite impractical, as opposed to the SotC-system which was simple and extremely (might even say 'super') effective. (I made a post here today, with a lot of URLs with IMGs in them, it took a loooong time...)

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

About Three Mile Island Empty Post title? What? Wait, we could do this on Soul of the City, too.

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Yeah, I'm here, too.
Grey is nice.
I think I'll get used to the names, though.

I'm a lazy piece of shit because I'm using the exact same name and password as Soul of the City, aren't I?
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  El Taco Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Y'know what? I like this place. I've gotten used to it really, really fast. I think it's going to be pretty damn good once we got a nice group to run it.

Now we just need Grom over here. Smile

EDIT: And Tehwilburforce, he was one of us too. Razz
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:19 pm

I like the little "Online" thing that appears over someone's avatar/box thing in their posts whenever they're online. It looks super cool.

I am also a fan of the forum names and stuff. It makes us seem so elite and smarter than everyone else (which we are!), even though I don't know what any of the words even mean.

I'm getting used to the new place fast. I like the colors, they're all sterile but in a good way...like I'm not going to get an infection if I post on this forum with an open wound. I'm a little confused by the majority of the smilies, but I'm sure I'll find unique uses for all of them. Basketball cherry flower
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Aha! I found you! Try to run off and leave me, will you? Pah!

Ooooooh, new smileys. Fancy. And board names. Neat. I could get used to this. Mind you, the giant "DOWNLOAD" and "PLAY NOW" buttons are a bit annoying.
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:41 pm

I'm here, just in time to annoy Muffy. Razz
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:47 pm

The party has arrived gentleboys.

Lucifer
Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pterodactyl Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:24 am

Wow. I've got a feeling thatvI've got a couple of years on most of you, but damn you make me feel young. Soul of the City? Like, what? I was playing pen and paper for the last ten years!

Cool site, Merc. Colors are pretty...
Pterodactyl
Pterodactyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Drake Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:14 am

I never got around to joining Soul of the City, but I'll go ahead and join this one while it's young. :P I'm not sure if I'll do a lot of RPing and such here, but I figured I'd like to have the account in case I ever do decide that I have enough free time to participate in some RPs... such as Muffy's D&D RP, as we all know that I'm a sucker for Muffy's awesome fantasy RPs. :P

P.S.: Yes, it's me. Werewolf. I was just feeling random, if you're wondering about my name.
Lady Drake
Lady Drake

Characters
Name:
Stats:

http://www.wulfgard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Holy crap the "hot topic" icons move. It's alive!
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:13 pm

I love that. It makes it seem like people are constantly posting in that topic.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:30 pm

lol. Why thank you Taco! I'm glad to see you guys too! Time to be the only person besides Vorgy who posts stories on here and be late for RP's again. YEAH!!! Laughing
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  johncoolblue Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:10 am

What's up y'all I'm a friend off wiffles excited to do this looking forward to RP and writing with you guys.

johncoolblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down