Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 22 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Harrow Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 am

With a name like CA Donnelly, you couldn't help but be a writer. It's like how Harper 7 Beckham has no choice but to be a pangalactic cybrid assassin.
Good writing, honestly. You managed to capture that Casualty style in which you can make someone feel for a character despite knowing very little about them. I especially liked how you didn't go into detail about the Resistance or what they were resisting against.
Good work. I honestly doubt I could write anything like that seriously- I'd either be far too florid or so stuffed with black humour that it'd come off as a comedy.

So, the D&D session went well. It was a test run to see just how well we could get along, and I believe it went swell.
I was a human Barbarian with 3 intelligence but a solid 18 strength, 17 charisma, and 12 dexterity. My most notable event was when I hunted 8 plague rats with a greatsword and ate seven of them, managing to not contract Slimy Doom thanks to a solid 26 roll. I also kicked in doors, smashed shit, and had nothing but contempt for literacy.
Harrow
Harrow

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 22 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Lord Wiffilius Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:11 am

Speaking of D&D, I got invited to a party that my friends play with. Well, I guess invited. A guy invited me but said he had to run it by the DM and other players first (one was there and already said yes, and I know most of the players and the DM on at least a "hey what's up" basis). Their old rogue had to move, so they need a striker because right now they're all tanks and with one ranger. Although we were planning on me coming in as rogue, but me and the two friends got to talking about how crazy a halfling bard would be. Pretty much a punky little firecracker who free-style raps (Yeah, they're a chill bunch. Their rogue was a Dragonborn with the nickname of "Red Dynamite")

Anyway, I hope it works out and I can play with them until I'm off to college even though they play 4e and I've only (knowing) played 2e unless Journey was something else.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:13 am

Journey wasn't really D&D...at all. I stole the stat system and used the monsters but otherwise it was like any other RP. It's not like we kept track of hit points and rolled for attacks and stuff. Journey is a very poor example of what D&D is like.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:49 am

Okay then, thanks. SOTC/TMI D&D were almost straight up 2e right?

Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:56 am

To some extent. The way I handled some things like spells and multiclassing was a little different, but most of the true D&D stuff is what I did behind the scenes and didn't tell anyone about, because calculation and dice rolling really isn't an interesting thing to talk about. I never mentioned things like THAC0 and Armor Class, but that whole system was entirely changed in third and fourth edition.

And 4e isn't D&D either, by the way. I'm not even saying that because I just don't like 4e. It literally isn't D&D at all. It has the name and everything but they just turned it into a hack and slash. There's hardly any focus on roleplaying and character building at all, it's just who can kill more shit than everyone else. Regardless, good luck with your D&D experience and be sure to tell us stories.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  El Taco Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:04 am

3.5 is the best...

Just sayin'. I like 2nd ed and all, but damn, I do love me some 3.5.
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:59 am

Connsidering how I've never realll played legit D&D all that much and this may be m only opprotunity to play tabletop, I don't really give a damn about the edition Razz
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm

I'm really upset.

And, no, I'm not really this miserable wretch in real life. I'm good at hiding everything in real life.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Harrow Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:56 am

Vorgain wrote:I'm really upset.

Cry on my shoulder, go on. I attract all the lost cases and seriously depressed people like the Norwegian kid attracts lost cats.
I'm serious, by the way.

Muffolithid wrote:
And 4e isn't D&D either, by the way. I'm not even saying that because I just don't like 4e. It literally isn't D&D at all. It has the name and everything but they just turned it into a hack and slash. There's hardly any focus on roleplaying and character building at all, it's just who can kill more shit than everyone else. Regardless, good luck with your D&D experience and be sure to tell us stories.

While I may argue with friends about whether 2e or 3.5 is the best, we all agree that 4th is just horrible. It's nothing but dull, combat-focused dungeon crawling. I guess the reason why I love 2e so much is because it's Baldur's Gate. NWN, a game I really don't like, ran on 3e, and moving up was a nasty experience. I do like feats, though, but I will never forgive the Ork Mages, Halflings with maces, and...
ELVEN PALADINS[i]

In other news, a friend gave me his cardboard copy of Morrowind for my shelf of cardboard games. Y'know, back when publishers cared about making things look nice and didn't just encase them in sharp plastic? Craning my neck, I'll list all of them:
-Morrowind
-Tomb Raider Underworld
-Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
-Baldur's Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast double pack (Got an 89 in PCGamer '98. Funny, because Witcher 2 got the same score.)
-Max Payne 2
-Neverwinter Nights (Came with a map and a manual thick enough to be used as a home defence weapon. I've lost the play disc, though, soemthing I never do.)
-Splinter Cell (0.50p I paid for that. Best deal of my life.)
-The Lucasarts Entertainment Pack (Includes Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, The Dig, and Sam&Max Hit The Road. I'm such a ScuMMVMbag.)
-Outcast (remember this gem? So overlooked.)

Spoiler:

Yes, my life is gaming. There is nothing, besides my writings, worth discussing. I don't want to bore with the tedium of my schoolwork.
Harrow
Harrow

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:53 am

Going to a Boston Red Sox game tomorrow.

See y'all later.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:58 am

Hey Muffo, Taco, Harrow, and anyone else who plays tabletop, I have a question.

How different are 3.5e and 4e? Please no "4e is inferior" comments, because I don't have a choice and I'd like to remain fairly objective. I'm trying to peice together a character (halfling bard) with the feats, traits, flaws and such, but I can't seem to find a list of the 4e ones, only 3.5e.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Harrow Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:18 am

Lord Wiffilius wrote:Hey Muffo, Taco, Harrow, and anyone else who plays tabletop, I have a question.

How different are 3.5e and 4e? Please no "4e is inferior" comments, because I don't have a choice and I'd like to remain fairly objective. I'm trying to peice together a character (halfling bard) with the feats, traits, flaws and such, but I can't seem to find a list of the 4e ones, only 3.5e.

For a start, 4e is heavy on combat. It's not 100% combat, but you'll do a lot more of it than you might want to.
One of the biggest changes is that non-combat magic is rarely used, and all classes now have access to "powers". You know how Fighters hit things, and Wizards shoot magic missile all up into your grill? Now they both have abilities they can use to make combat more varied.
Still, I guess the best way of describing it is this:

4e is more intuitive and combat is more tactical. A lot of roleplaying and non-combat activities have been cut, and crafting is much more basic. If you loved combat in 3.5, you'll probably enjoy 4e's combat a lot more. It plays more like a Drizzt novel, with your party doing less intermissions in taverns and inns and more pushing onwards to kill everything they see. It's an improvement for players who just want to shank and shirk, but for someone who wants more of a balance, or more roleplaying, you're better off with an earlier edition.
Harrow
Harrow

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:54 pm

I came home for my high school's Homecoming. High school marching band was a big part of my life, so I said I wouldn't miss it.
It was really great seeing all my younger friends again, and all the kids in my section (and some of the other ones) mobbed me and said they all missed me. That made me feel important. c:
However, it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. It's definitely more fun actually being in the band and participating in all the stand tunes and marching shows than it is being on the outside of that. And now it's all over.
:c

Also: I got some bright red All-Star Chuck Taylor Converse shoes. I like them.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Ugh, I really really want to make an RP of some kind right now, but I am of course in college and I'm:
A. Not sure if I have enough time and
B. Concerned that if I make an RP I might try to make time for it by blowing off schoolwork.
Normally I would just say screw it and go for it, but I've really been thinking about this idea for a while and I don't want to squander it by trying to start an RP only to find that I don't have the time for it. I decided earlier that I would just wait until Christmas break to make an RP, but that so long to wait! Sad
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:14 am

We could always do a random shit RP, just to spur activity. Something that could advance itself for those of us who have other things to do.
I was just thinking to myself how great it would be to have an RP to dick around in...
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:We could always do a random shit RP, just to spur activity. Something that could advance itself for those of us who have other things to do.
I was just thinking to myself how great it would be to have an RP to dick around in...

Let's do a zombie one, except instead of zombies, everyone is infected with the urge to dance Razz
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:09 am

Be Prepared died, then?

Anyway, I feel like shit. Being sick sucks.

Other than that I'm okay. Shouldn't be, but I am. Take that, life. You think you're going to bring me down and guess the fuck what you DIDN'T so you can SUCK IT. Hah.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:48 am

Vorgain wrote:Be Prepared died, then?

Other than that I'm okay. Shouldn't be, but I am. Take that, life. You think you're going to bring me down and guess the fuck what you DIDN'T so you can SUCK IT. Hah.

Not yet... I'm just up to my eyes in college applications and studying for the SAT/ACT tests. My math is a tad too low on both of them to get into FSU Crying or Very sad
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Lord Wiffilius wrote:
Vorgain wrote:Be Prepared died, then?

Not yet... I'm just up to my eyes in college applications and studying for the SAT/ACT tests. My math is a tad too low on both of them to get into FSU Crying or Very sad

Hah hah, college applications... Good luck.

And my inbox is empty as far as Be Prepared goes. I figured you guys were busy. But I can always make a little bit of time for that kind of RP.

Let's do a zombie one, except instead of zombies, everyone is infected with the urge to dance

Also this.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Harrow Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:24 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:
Also this.

Keep me away from these obnoxious hipster dance zombies with no sense of clothing taste.
Far away.

Like, put me on a plane to Alaska so that I end up in an airport next to some oilfields, and then get shanghaied into working the land to earn enough for a ticket back, but then when I finally do my plane gets shot down by vaguely foreign, religiously motivated terrorists. Oh yeah, and then I end up their prisoner. And they force me to build missiles for them. Except I can't, because I lack a degree in Engineering and I've never got a job in defence contracting, so they try to execute me. But then the hordes of gyrating, party mad, terrible rapper referencing undead fellspawn come and save me. Of course, all this is only so they can have my brains and make me listen to glitchy keyboard squeals and dance and wear nylon trousers with leopard print and-

No, I can't think of a decent ending. Let's just say that we stay far away from it.

Harrow
Harrow

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:54 am

I just found out that BrickFiesta (Texas's AFOL* Convention) won't be held in Austin next year. That means I'll actually have to pay for a hotel to attend.

:|

Oh, well; at least it's happening next year! :D

*Adult Fans of LEGO
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:43 am

A few nights ago my friends and I got together for a game of Epic Spoons, an activity that is more or less equivalent to the regular Spoons, except that instead of being in the middle of the circle the spoons are hidden in some room elsewhere (down the hall, in the TV room downstairs, the study lounge on the 5th floor, etc.). This essentially means that when you find yourself with four of a kind you have to throw your cards down and bolt out the door, because in a minute or two someone else is going to get the cards they need and come running after you. It was a ton of fun, and incredibly dangerous running down the stairs with four people at your back.

Last night I took the subway to downtown Philly and met up with a friend from high school to watch the Phillies game on a jumbo-tron in this big plaza. The Phillies lost and it was cold and rainy, but I had fun catching up with my friend and getting a chance to see a familiar face again. It made me a little homesick, actually, so now I kind of miss my old friends again. I'm still having a great time here at college, but I think I'll go home this weekend and see the family. Maybe someone else will be home and we can hang out.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:42 am

Is SSLF down for anyone else?
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:36 pm

SSLF is never down for me. I don't know what the fuck you guys are always talking about.
You guys so silly.

YESTERDAY ( / this morning, I guess) I STAYED UP UNTIL FOUR FOR NO REASON
But I got to have legitimate cajun gumbo.
IT'S FUKKIN' DELICIOUS

FUCK I LOVE COLLEGE SO MUCH
Very Happy
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:01 am

Well that sucks for me. I can't get in SSLF. Whatever. I would have like to finish Adventure or Nothing, but it looks like my deviation from there has been preemptive.

So I was up untill 1 last night for many reason. First, I got the Pilot of Terra Nova for free on my iPod. Meh, it has the potential to have a really interesting plot, but the charaters are one-demensional. I hope the writers can develope them soon enough for the show to stay on the air long enough for the plot to blossom.

The second FREE PILOT EPISODE I watched was New Girl. Yes, it's baisically a chick-flick. But it has Zooey Dechanel and it was free so I was totally taken with it. It was surprisingly funny and enjoyable.

Then somewhere around 11:45 I started playing Battlefield 3. I love that beta, but all the AK weapons suck.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next