Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:22 am

Grombrindal wrote:Finished the short story - now I'm just in a proofreading/editing stage. Offer's still open for people to read it for me; I'd really appreciate all the help I can get. Just post and I'll shoot it over in a PM.

Ya know, I'd love to help, but I make no guarantees about my attention span. It just became summer in the States, aaaaaand I can't really concentrate on much.

Though I'm almost done with Shutter Island (the book by Dennis Lehane, not the movie), so maybe I can print off your story and read that. I can mark it up that way...
Aw, shit. When do you need it proof-read by?

Oh, and Portal 2 is FUCKING AMAZING
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Nirdian Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:Oh, and Portal 2 is FUCKING AMAZING

Please tell me you got it on PC! Very Happy

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Nirdian wrote:
The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:Oh, and Portal 2 is FUCKING AMAZING

Please tell me you got it on PC! Very Happy

Uh. No. Xbox 360. >_>
Yeah, I got the console for free, so I figured I might as well get good games for it, since Borderlands wasn't at Best Buy (where I have had a $50 gift card).
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 pm

So... E3. I think Sony and Nintendo both won and are willing to share first place (for now). Also, If you have the balls to defend Microsoft for what was basically a desperate attempt to prove that Kinect is the next generation of hardcore gaming and an arrogant showing off of all of their new "frat boy fodder" (my name for the likes of Halo, Gears of War, and Call of Duty), then come at me bro. I dare ya. (Note: I am not trying to start a post-E3 flame war. Though, it may seem as such, I only wish to express my disgust at Microsoft's lack of ability to compete in a year where everything in the game industry has seemingly changed in a span of 2 or so days. The dare was a bluff... Rolling Eyes )
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:27 am

Oh, gosh, a Halo 4? Can't they just let it die? It's the SAME GAME OVER AND OVER.

I think I'm one of the few people that just doesn't like Halo. It stems from my dislike of most alien species.

Anyway, random life update tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! And guess what? It's not all a depress fest! :O

So, as some of you may know, I got my license last month. The new freedom is great. I love just driving around alone. It's one of the few times I'm actually alone, and it gives me time to think. Granted, paying for gas is a pain in the rear, but... hey. Freedom has a price.

And I really love the weather right now. Sunny days, but not scorching hot. I'd really love to go on a backpacking hike sometime soon. I just don't have the supplies and/or the time. Sad

And, on a more down note, I really, really hate when my best friend isn't doing so great, and I can't do a thing to help. Especially 'cause it's the same problem again, and it's just not something I can help with. But I won't go into detail, for two reasons. One, I don't like talking about people behind their back, even if it's honest concern, and two, she has a strange ability to find whatever I post on the internet. It's somewhat freaky, actually. One day I'm minding my own business, and then, *BAM!* she asks what this forum is. Razz

Oh, and, Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight. Should be a great game. I can't wait to watch it.

And tomorrow's trash day, which means I need to take out the garbage tonight. Wheee.

And I need to clean my room (the place is a mess, but for some reason I work WAY better in a mess than I do in an organized environment...) so I can create a clear path to walk the air conditioner to the window without, like... tripping and dying. Razz

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 am

Tehwilburforce wrote:So... E3. I think Sony and Nintendo both won and are willing to share first place (for now). Also, If you have the balls to defend Microsoft for what was basically a desperate attempt to prove that Kinect is the next generation of hardcore gaming and an arrogant showing off of all of their new "frat boy fodder" (my name for the likes of Halo, Gears of War, and Call of Duty), then come at me bro. I dare ya. (Note: I am not trying to start a post-E3 flame war. Though, it may seem as such, I only wish to express my disgust at Microsoft's lack of ability to compete in a year where everything in the game industry has seemingly changed in a span of 2 or so days. The dare was a bluff... Rolling Eyes )

After watching every single press conference, I would say that Sony won. I am a Sony fanboy so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, but I give them a win purely because of the amount of content they showed. Heck, they went overtime and didn't have time to show off Twisted Metal, Final Fantasy Versus 13, or Dark Souls, all of which are big releases for the Ps3. The amount of new things coming from Sony directly is something that no other first party company is coming close to.
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuidado Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Honestly, I have never seen the point of E3. And I'm a gamer too. Call me a hypocrite but to me, E3 is a waste of time, unless you are getting free stuff, which unless you are there, you ain't getting sh*t. Just wait for the highlights and the eventual commercials at the release date predicted at E3.
Cuidado
Cuidado

Characters
Name: Garrel
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Wanted to draw a cool, sorta original alien for Writing Challenge part deux. Ended up with an Elite/Sangheili AGAIN.

Damnit Bungie, why are your aliens so easy to draw?! Or rather: Why is the result of any reptile-ish humanoid alien almost instantly one of yours?! D:

Oh well, it'll have to do... Still got some biological differences, so it's k. Will try to get it up somewhere later. :3

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:06 am

Damn it all, can I just have one day that goes great and stays great and doesn't turn into shit halfway through?

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Oh, yeah, I wrote a new story. And I'd really appreciate some reviews.

...please...?

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:16 pm

It amazes me how much drama is stemming from the SSLF Minecraft server. Seriously, guys. Get over it. Banning someone for covering a golden fist in dirt and burning down a tavern? Just... ugh.

Oh, and I read your story, Vorgy. I'm just too scared to type a reply. Seriously. STOP FREAKING ME OUT. Write something happy! Razz
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:21 pm

@Vorgy: I read the story too. You're usually like Ray Bradbury with your style, but this was different. It was a bit more shock than what I'm used to in a short horror story, but I thought it was quite excellent. I feel sorry for the kid now. He's an orphan and he had to watch his parents and the lady who was trying to help him get eaten. I'd say he's worse off than the boy from Time Bandits at the end of that movie. (Go watch if you have no clue what I'm talking about. Awesome movie!!!)

Also, I agree. Halo is incredibly overrated. I do play shooters, but I try to look for those that at least give an effort to show some creativity. All of the Microsoft-backed shooter franchises are nowhere near being anything like that. They're just stereotypical garbage...

Anyway, before I start ranting, I'd just like to let you all know that I'll be out of town for a week starting tomorrow. Please don't start any RP's or writing projects without me. Sad

Also also, I'll have another story up as soon as I can. It's the next chapter to Fury (which I forgot to post until now... derp.) and I hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited by Tehwilburforce on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgetting that I had yet posted Fury over here. Needed to clarify what exactly it is.)
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:54 am

Tehwilburforce wrote: I'd say he's worse off than the boy from Time Bandits at the end of that movie. (Go watch if you have no clue what I'm talking about. Awesome movie!!!)

"MOM! DAD! Don't touch that! It's EVIL!"

*kaboom*

"ka-wink from Sean Connery*

*roll credits*

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:59 am

Vorgain wrote:
Tehwilburforce wrote: I'd say he's worse off than the boy from Time Bandits at the end of that movie. (Go watch if you have no clue what I'm talking about. Awesome movie!!!)

"MOM! DAD! Don't touch that! It's EVIL!"

*kaboom*

"ka-wink from Sean Connery*

*roll credits*

One of my worst childhood memories: Catching the last 10-20 minutes of Time Bandits (and therefore not knowing that the parents were utter jackasses and that the kid would possibly go and live with Sean). It so confused the hell out of me...

That said, just spent the entire day and night building something, pics coming up soon, once I get over being such a lazy bum. Razz

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:46 am

This is weird for me. I'm posting this on my (relatively) swanky new phone. (Have I ever told you how much I love this new hot swankiness? Yeah, it's just a Sanyo Innuendo, but, compared to my old piece of shit, it's fuckin' money.)
Anyway, I digresseth.
At this very moment, I'm heading to Colorado (only one of the most gorgeous and wonderful places on the true blue Earth; I want to live there one day). I'm headin' there with my Venture Crew to go backpacking. We're gonna climb Mt. Sneffles (a 14er) and...do some other stuff (I don't really know; that's how the Crew works).

Long story long, I don't think I'll be posting for a while. Sorry about the Writing Challenge II. (I'm kind of a derp; my apologies.)
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:23 am

Fucking FINALLY built something again, after 2 months! (I blame Portal 2, Mass Effect (2), Minecraft, Firefly and school)

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 15 5826390796_c8c55afb1f_z
I present: Nagreth

There, now I can get back to... erm... Other things.

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Well, this is MUCH more like it. Freaking out the night before a major exam, worrying I haven't done enough preparation, frantically trying to get notes in order... yep, just like being back at school. Sad
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:11 am

Well. I just got out of the backcountry and I got a shower and I really want a hamburger and a milkshake (which is good because that's where the crew is going for dinner tonight).
Let me tell you, Colorado is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. We backpacked for four days in the backcountry and got to see some really neat stuff. We were going to go to the Continental Divide, but that was really far away and we're all flat-landers, so that was a no-go. We stayed in the same camp on the first and last nights, which was above a natural hot spring.
You'd think that would be really cool an' shit but, honestly, it wasn't. The pools weren't sulfur or anything, but there was some nasty shit in those pools. I don't even want to think about what was living in there. Other than that, the hot springs were actually really cool.
Aaand now we get to drive home for, like, two days.
And then I get to play with my swanky new laptop! It arrived the day before I left for this trip.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:46 am

Just got back from New Orleans where I was doing mission work. Lovely city and completely different from what the news feeds you. (Mardi Gras is actually a family-oriented holiday when women shouldn't be flashing for beads. Who knew? Rolling Eyes ) I really enjoyed being with my group, which was made up of almost all the chill people in our youth group. As a result of this, there was no drama or any people accusing others of being lazy and whatnot. Our work site manager for the first two days was awesome too. She isn't from New Orleans but she absolutely loves the city from her time there and showed us around to see where some of Katrina's damage is still very apparent. If you hang around with your church much, then try to work with others to schedule your own trip. Here is the website for the organization that I worked with.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:30 am

Got Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood... Then realized I didn't play through Assassin's Creed II on my own XBL-Account... So guess what! I'm gonna play loads and loads of Assassin's Creed the coming days/weeks. Ezio FTW! :3

Also: Went to see Paul yesterday, it's awesome. Go see it, liek nao! Very Happy

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:29 am

♫♪Laptop, laptop, I love youu ~ ♥♪♫

Yeah, I just set up my wonderful new laptop and I really like it. It's an HP with (I think) a Terabyte and a half and some other fancy computer shit and it has this neat stainless steel case. There are a few user errors I'm gonna work out (it just might take a while to get used to), but I think this thing'll work out beautifully. (Although: I couldn't install Goggle Chrome, which makes me very sad. Instead, I'm using FireFox, which is just as good.)
BUT
Now, I might actually be able to write a bit more and with more privacy and stuff. I may end up editing (re-writing) my NaNoWriMoNo. Would you guys be interested in seeing the somewhat final product of that awesome November?
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:54 pm

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:
Now, I might actually be able to write a bit more and with more privacy and stuff. I may end up editing (re-writing) my NaNoWriMoNo. Would you guys be interested in seeing the somewhat final product of that awesome November?
In a word:

YES

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:02 pm

Very Happy

Then I may end up doing that. It's too bad Word Starter doesn't have a "Track Changes" feature. I'd really like to see just how much of this novel I'm re-writing.

Oh, and I went to a group interview at a local World Market. It was a lot of fun, actually. Me and thirteen other people sat in the store's furniture section until some managers showed up. We talked to a random person, introduced them, and that really broke the ice. We also had to go run around the store and find our favorite item. Once we had it, we had to try and sell it to the group. Then, after we put that item back, we chose a random item, got into partners, then sold the other person's item. That was fun. I hope I get a job there. It strikes me as a "never-a-dull-moment" place to work.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:57 pm

I feel betrayed, worthless, useless, etc. Basically I'm really hurt/upset right now, and have been for a few days.

I don't feel like talking to any of my friends and I really feel like beating the shit out of someone or something. Like the glass window in my attic. I've hit that before. It seems like a good idea. Maybe next time I'm home alone I'll do it.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:03 am

Vorgy needs a hug. :c

Anyway, back to me:
I just got back from Orientation. I had a lot of fun and met some pretty neat people, including a guy who has the same first name and major as I do. But he's Asian, so will be more successful in his endeavors than I will. I've found that, in an awkward place like Freshman Orientation, people are really easy to talk to; you just have to instigate conversation yourself. I don't know about you, but I kind of enjoy talking to complete strangers because, by the end of the conversation, you learn so many new things! People are really pretty interesting.
So, at Orientation, I expected to do a lot of school-spirit-related stuff, but I didn't expect graffiti to be one of them. At my college, there are three rocks in the middle of a garden. Apparently, one of the traditions is that, for any given reason at any given time, the students are allowed to paint these rocks. However, not a lot of people knew this, so when the Orientation mentors came up to a group of Freshman at ten at night with spraypaint and asked if we wanted to go paint the Spirit Rock, we were a little wary. It was pretty shady, what with a bunch of kids going out at night with cans of spraypaint to scribble on a rock, but whatever, it was great good fun.
I stayed in the dorm for a night, too. The Residence Hall holds three to a room, each of us with our own bedroom (we share a bathroom, shower, three sinks and a common area). However, our third person never showed up. I thought that was odd.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next