Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 9 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:00 am

Nirdian wrote:Heard some days ago that my grandfather might still live for a few years. After closer examinations the doctors found that the cancer was only located in his one lung, so it might be operable. The main question now is if he's fit enough to survive such extensive surgery (he's still recovering from hospital-induced pneumonia right now). I'm hoping for the best.

Well, that's good. I'm glad to hear that there's some hope yet. :3

On that note, I washed my girlfriend's car today (and mine) before school (last day of TAKS testing; sadfais). That was fun.
School itself was short and nothing to report, except for the fact that I only went to two classes (like all the rest of this week). After school, I killed time in the parking lot with my girlfriend and her best friend. They started talking about ... something, but it was all really fast, really random, really loud, and really funny. Her friend has that rare talent of getting people to follow her anywhere due to the fact that she talks really fast and is enthusiastic about it.
Oh, and she yelled "Autobots! Roll out!" as we all got in our cars and drove away.

Then I'm going to the First Annual Crew 905 Venture Banquet tonight (with aforementioned girlfraaand). Apparently, one of my friend's birthday party is also today; I've had this ever-updating Facebook message regarding it for a really long time, and have since completely forgotten what it was actually about until I learned that the party was scheduled at the same time as Venture Banquet. We may go straight from Venture Banquet to birthday party if there's time.

And this is the most that's really happened to me all week.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 9 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Muffolithid Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:38 pm

Went to a Phillies game tonight, read The Jungle Book on my iPhone on the way down to the ballpark, got a surprisingly good performance from a pitcher they had just called up from the minor leagues, saw Ryan Howard hit a grand slam, beat the Mets 10-3, and then read The Jungle Book some more on the way home. It was a good night.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sun May 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Not much to report here (like ever there is). I spent the most notable part of my day trying to make this MSM-03 Gogg model I'm working on look good.
I haven't really have much success so far. I'm trying a large collection of techniques I've seen done in tutorials, but I still need practice. I'll probably move on to painting the model soon (aaaas soon as I decide what kind of weathering technique to use).

Oh, and my mom and I went to get return our air compressor we've had since the beginning of time. It's been recalled. I dunno what for; it's never exploded on us before.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Sun May 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Our hockey team managed to win against a crazy team of uni students today. With the scoreline at 4-1, it's the biggest win we've had for at least two years. It was stinking hot, the umpires had no idea what they were doing and a fight almost started. What a fun day. Smile

For those that are thinking "What?! They don't play ice hockey in Australia!", you're right. This is field hockey. I'm the guy with all the gear on who slide tackles people.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 9 Pic2
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Mon May 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Honestly, does anyone else with Facebook think that most of the status updates are BS? I just can't stand all the jokes about celebrating his death and implying that we're gonna be able to bring the troops home. If you bring your attention back to the real world, it's obvious that the U.S. won't be able to do that at all. We've practically stirred up a giant hornet's nest for the love of God... Sorry if anyone takes offense to this post. I'm just kinda pissed right now.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Mon May 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Kids, don't go to university. You'll end up doing assignments on a public holiday instead of being outside having fun. Sad
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Tue May 03, 2011 1:08 am

I went to another guy's Court of Honor this weekend with all of our mutaul friends. I actually used to be in the feede pack that was attached to his troop, before lone-scouting my Weblos 1 and joining our current feeder pack for Weblos 2. The Court of Honor was pretty fun. It was lot less serious than some.

A good deal of the mutual friends were D&Ders, so I got to meet their DM tonight. I told him about your RPs, Muffo. He was impressed. Actually, a lot of them were really interested in internet D&D. I hope I didn't sound too noobish to tabletop stuff. Maybe they'll invite into their party after their campaign is over...
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Tue May 03, 2011 7:35 am

Tehwilburforce wrote:Honestly, does anyone else with Facebook think that most of the status updates are BS? I just can't stand all the jokes about celebrating his death and implying that we're gonna be able to bring the troops home. If you bring your attention back to the real world, it's obvious that the U.S. won't be able to do that at all. We've practically stirred up a giant hornet's nest for the love of God... Sorry if anyone takes offense to this post. I'm just kinda pissed right now.

Something I have learned is that the average teenager is completely ignorant about foreign affairs. They fail to realize the true extent of what has happened, and I don't know what will happen next.
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Tue May 03, 2011 10:12 am

I'm personally more annoyed by all the people who concern themselves only with pointing out how bad things are going to get from here. It's been ten years since 9/11, and most of us have been mourning for the entirety of those ten years. I'm the kind of person who still comes close to crying my eyes out when I see footage of the World Trade Center burning and collapsing, and people jumping out of buildings and NYC firefighters sobbing while sitting on pieces of rubble. Osama bin Laden's death won't end the war and things are probably going to get worse from here on out, but for Heaven's sake at least let us enjoy the fact that the abomination of a man responsible for those heinous acts is dead. Things are shit right now, and they're going to get shittier, but seriously, let us have this one victory. America needs a fucking victory now more than ever.

I was watching the Phillies game when I heard the news. The commentators announced it to the people viewing the game on their TVs, and then all throughout the stadium you saw people checking their iPhones and Blackberries and such to read the news. "U.S.A" chants immediately broke out after that. The Phillies lost to the New York Mets, and for once I was okay with that. It seemed fitting, and symbolic in a way.

God bless America. Whatever comes next is something we go through together.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Tue May 03, 2011 12:33 pm

I believe we should be happy that Bin Laden is dead, but we should not celebrate so boistrously as to have parties in the streets as I have heard some people are doing. When you look at it objectivly, how id that different from terrorists burning American Flags and dancing in the street after a large American casualty? Me, I was pretty damn estactic when I heard. It as kind of ironic, because me and a friend discussed how odd it was that almost ten years after the World Trade Center attacks, we still hadn' caught the man behind it. Bam. Around 36 hours later, he's dead.

We should be happy, yes, and proud of our military, definitly; But celebrating and dancing in the streets brings us right back down to the level of the terrorists.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Tue May 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Lord Wiffilius wrote:I believe we should be happy that Bin Laden is dead, but we should not celebrate so boistrously as to have parties in the streets as I have heard some people are doing. When you look at it objectivly, how id that different from terrorists burning American Flags and dancing in the street after a large American casualty? Me, I was pretty damn estactic when I heard. It as kind of ironic, because me and a friend discussed how odd it was that almost ten years after the World Trade Center attacks, we still hadn' caught the man behind it. Bam. Around 36 hours later, he's dead.

We should be happy, yes, and proud of our military, definitly; But celebrating and dancing in the streets brings us right back down to the level of the terrorists.

Happened in Boston. Really, college kids look for any excuse to drink and party.
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 pm

I agree. The death of Osama bin Laden was a tactical victory for us, but I don't really feel comfortable in celebrating anyone's death. I mean ...
... well, this could get real sticky if we don't word our responses correctly.
Part of being Christian is forgiveness. The United States was (more or less) founded on Christianity. I think it would have been great of we could have just seen this guy rot in jail for all eternity, but we don't know if that would been as absolute as his death is, ya know?
But that's not how it went down. The facts are these: he was bad to the US, ten years later, we caught up and got him. We got him good. Now, we can hope for the best.

I'm really trying not to start the next Great Three Mile Island Flame War here, but I'd like to say what I'd like to say. If not here, then somewhere.

That being said, AP testing starts this week! Tomorrow, I get to take my first two tests! On the same day!
They're AP Spanish V (one of the hardest) and AP Art History (another one of the hardest).

FFFUUUCCCKKK

Once I'm done with that, I think I'll just come home and drool on something, 'cause my brain ain't working for hours afterwards.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Tue May 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Hey, I'm taking the AP Spanish exam tomorrow as well. Good luck with that!
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Tue May 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Righto... 1 day left and 5 pages to go... I hope, I HOPE that I'm sick enough to stay at home in 3 hours (when I'm supposed to get up), so that I can just finish this stuff in time and work it out and such...

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Tue May 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Is it weird that I feel guilty for nearly finishing a project then deciding I'll do it the next morning and goig to bed nearly two days before it's due? I feel like I'm setting myself up to fail by doing it at the las mi ute, even though I'm not. :/

Oh, and I've been sitting here for over an hour waiting for someone to abandon a powerpoint so I can charge my laptop. Nobody has moved. Nobody.
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Wed May 04, 2011 6:48 am

Apparently ol' Bin Laden wasn't armed when his cranium was ruined... And his family saw his brains fly... (source)

I'm not liking this case... Not at all. (Good that he's gone, don't get me wrong, but I think it should've been handled differently)

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Wed May 04, 2011 7:15 am

Nirdian wrote:Apparently ol' Bin Laden wasn't armed when his cranium was ruined... And his family saw his brains fly... (source)

I'm not liking this case... Not at all. (Good that he's gone, don't get me wrong, but I think it should've been handled differently)

The innocent victims he killed on 9/11 weren't armed any better. It would probably be better if he was killed in the ideal way, but instead he was essentially executed. Really, he deserves no better.
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Wed May 04, 2011 8:30 am

Hawk wrote:The innocent victims he killed on 9/11 weren't armed any better. It would probably be better if he was killed in the ideal way, but instead he was essentially executed. Really, he deserves no better.

He probably doesn't deserve any better indeed, but how would you feel if the one person closest to you would be shot in the fucking head right in front of you? Your girlfriend/wife, or your father, head blown apart, you're right there and can't do a thing. Try to picture it.

And congratulations! US has just created a bunch of kiddies and a woman that hate the US more then anything and will probably go and take a nice job as terrorist in the near future. If they're not traumatized for life anyway...

I'm just saying that it should have been handled differently. Bin Laden had to die, but not like this.

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Wed May 04, 2011 8:52 am

They had a chance to take him out and they took it, because this was the best chance they had gotten in an entire decade. And from what I hear he went out using his wife (and two other women) as a human shield anyway, so I guess he wasn't too worried about how all of this would affect his family. Besides, all those kids you're talking about who are going to grow up hating America were going to be brainwashed into hating us anyway, I highly doubt that kids living with bin Laden were going to grow up and somehow manage to not hate America. Rolling Eyes Also we killed one of his sons, so that's one less person who's going to be traumatized!

America is the only country in the world that could kill the world's most wanted terrorist and still have to listen to people bitch and moan about how we did it wrong.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Wed May 04, 2011 9:32 am

I was under the impression that the SEALs were trying to take him alive, and would have captured him if that was an option, but Osama resisted and they weren't going to risk their lives to take him alive. All it takes is one bullet to kill someone, guys - the chances of a gunshot wound in ANY part of the body being non-fatal are very low (you've got blood loss, shock, complications during surgery, risk of infection...). If they thought he had a gun, their training dictates that they shoot first. It's him or them in the most literal sense.

I'm sure we all would have loved to see him chucked in prison, but realistically, how likely was that? The guy was a radical; he wasn't going to stick his hands up and say "Book me, Danno." I have no doubt the SEAL team did exactly what they were trained to do - if there's a threat and it's a danger to you or your team, you take it down.

I'd also point out that al-Qaeda has created a bunch of women and children who hate them by blowing up whe World Trade Center, but that's a whole 'nother issue. This is a heated topic, so of course opinions are going to come through that'll spark some controversy. Let's try to keep it civil and logical, mkay guys?
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Wed May 04, 2011 10:00 am

Since I just took two back-to-back AP tests, I won't be able to contribute to this conversation in a beneficial way.

My brain done broke.

Muffy, how do you think you did on the Spanish test? The informal speaking wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but the formal (sorry, "presentational") speaking part was teh sucks.

And then there was that one reading passage about the dodo bird. I was kind of confused, but I circled some answers, anyway.

Spanish was waay more exhausting than Art History, though.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Wed May 04, 2011 10:27 am

Muffolithid wrote:They had a chance to take him out and they took it, because this was the best chance they had gotten in an entire decade. And from what I hear he went out using his wife (and two other women) as a human shield anyway, so I guess he wasn't too worried about how all of this would affect his family. Besides, all those kids you're talking about who are going to grow up hating America were going to be brainwashed into hating us anyway, I highly doubt that kids living with bin Laden were going to grow up and somehow manage to not hate America. Rolling Eyes Also we killed one of his sons, so that's one less person who's going to be traumatized!

America is the only country in the world that could kill the world's most wanted terrorist and still have to listen to people bitch and moan about how we did it wrong.

I'm starting to think that you guys are getting different info...

Vid time!

And pic: So it did happen.
A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 9 _b12gjPKhpg5DF3T0x6d_AzN-MnLdh9vUxbxjdbyaLFQ

Misunderstanding(s): Family: Apparently only consisting of his wife. So no kiddies were harmed in the killing of this dude. (Good news)

Also: I'm pretty sure that other countries would also have been able to capture/kill the guy. Razz

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Wed May 04, 2011 11:23 am

No MTP, I think I've nearly started the next war on TMI. You're alright, this is my fault. Now then, just to be clear, I only posted because I was frustrated at all the childish things being said on facebook about his death. Two people very important to me were taken from me on 9/11 and because I have such a connection to the attacks, I think that people should take news like this more seriously. I do agree that we shouldn't be partying and that the U.S. should prepare for the massive retaliation that is sure to come out of this from the remaining Al Qaeda/Taliban/whatever forces. Don't let this get out of hand...
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Wed May 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Eh, I'm dropping the bin Laden stuff. I hated the guy's rotten guts and I could care less how or why he was killed. In my opinion there's nothing they could have done to him that I would have truthfully considered "wrong", but that's just me. I don't care much for politics and as a result I'm not too concerned about the backlash that will be caused by all of this, I'm just glad he's dead, and that's all. That's how I feel. I'm out.

Sooo I would have never expected that I would actually be going to my senior prom. It is a pleasant surprise when you sit back and do nothing and a girl randomly asks you to go with her. It's a little awkward because we've only known each other for a few months, but she's cool. I'm pretty excited about it, of course it's a little bit stressful throwing all of this stuff together at the last minute like this (prom is May 20th and I still need a tux and all that shit).

@MTP: Oh my God the dodo thing was so dumb! There were some other gems, like the 200-word essay about bicycles and the 2-minute speech about breakfast and all that crap. But after the dodo thing, man, I was literally falling asleep.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Wed May 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Muffolithid wrote:Sooo I would have never expected that I would actually be going to my senior prom. It is a pleasant surprise when you sit back and do nothing and a girl randomly asks you to go with her. It's a little awkward because we've only known each other for a few months, but she's cool. I'm pretty excited about it, of course it's a little bit stressful throwing all of this stuff together at the last minute like this (prom is May 20th and I still need a tux and all that shit).

@MTP: Oh my God the dodo thing was so dumb! There were some other gems, like the 200-word essay about bicycles and the 2-minute speech about breakfast and all that crap. But after the dodo thing, man, I was literally falling asleep.
Lucky. I had to ask my partner, which was even more awkward.
Psh, getting a tux/suit is easy. Just be thankful you're not a girl, otherwise you would have started planning this last May (that's not even an exaggeration).

So I finished my law assignment with hours and hours to spare. Feels good. Nice not to be rushing like at school. I did laugh when someone in the law library was going "You mean I did this on the wrong case?!", but then I felt bad. Sad
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next