Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 20 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:50 am

So, yesterday I went to a drive-in theater with a bunch of friends. It was really awesome. It's about an hour out from where I live and we all carpooled. We had lawn chairs and sat in the trunks of the cars that went. We saw the R-rated double feature, Crazy Stupid Love (chick flick; was almost funny) and Horrible Bosses (so much more satisfying).
The theater even played those hideously corny old ads from way back when. I thought it was pretty authentic (except for, ya know, the modern technology part) and I had a blast.
Anyway, I didn't get home until 2:30 AM. And I had to be at work at 9:00 AM. I went, but, thank God, the girl I worked with today is an angel sent from heaven. She did most of what we needed to do on Sundays (which wasn't much) by the time I got there. She said she was bored and there was little to do. So, basically, I did all I could in my post-2:30 stupor, and then she let me go home early.
That girl is heaven-sent.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 20 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Vorgain Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:17 am

I'm rather upset for multiple reasons.

Family's hit a really rocky spot, financially and lifewise.

My best friend who I was expecting to be here this weekend for my Court of Honor... can't be. And it sucks. A lot. But maybe it's for the better? I dunno. I get too attached to friends. Maybe I should start backing off...?

Some other friends I wanted to be at my CoH can't make it, either. And due to family problems, the whole thing might just be kinda a half-assed attempt. I dunno.

I'm really confused about life, too.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:56 pm

I'm at a church camp I haven't been to in five years.
I'm not actually attending a camp here, but my parents would always take me brother and I here right before school began. My dad would attend a conference, and my mom and my brother and I would enjoy the camp.
When I was little I wanted to live here. It's what I would look forward to every summer. However, since my bro and I joined the high school marching band, we haven't been able to come back for a while.
And guess what? I'm back!

It's so great. Everything (so far) is almost exactly as I remember it. The only difference is: everything got a lot shorter.
Man, I'm gonna be on a four day nostalgia trip.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:26 pm

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:It's so great. Everything (so far) is almost exactly as I remember it. The only difference is: everything got a lot shorter.
Man, I'm gonna be on a four day nostalgia trip.

lol. I also know of the camp that MTP speaks of. That huge walkway across the middle always freaked me out...
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  -Moonlight- Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:06 am

Ugh. The day I finally get off my ass and finish up a post for Rise is also the day that the site seems to implode. I've been sitting around for like two hours and in the midst of breaking my F5 key.

That sounded much less depressing in my head.

-Moonlight-

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:55 am

Yeah I don't know what's going on with SSLF at the moment. It makes me sad 'cause I was spending the day looking for RP inspiration. Sad
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:07 pm

It seems to be working fine for me...

I have a cold. That's about it from me.
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:18 pm

If I were to create an RP taking place in an "extreme" sort of climate, which do you guys think would be better: desert, or arctic?

I'm asking in this topic because at the moment I don't have enough conceptualized to make a whole topic dedicated to this particular RP idea.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Muffolithid wrote:If I were to create an RP taking place in an "extreme" sort of climate, which do you guys think would be better: desert, or arctic?

I'm asking in this topic because at the moment I don't have enough conceptualized to make a whole topic dedicated to this particular RP idea.
Either would be pretty interesting, though I'd probably lean towards desert. The arctic tends to kill you pretty quickly, which would make for a pretty short RP. Razz
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Grombrindal wrote:
Either would be pretty interesting, though I'd probably lean towards desert. The arctic tends to kill you pretty quickly, which would make for a pretty short RP. Razz
Well, it would be, like, a little bit less cold, like, to not kill people too quickly. Razz
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:11 pm

We already did an RP in the cold (anyone remember Absolute Zero? Hot damn, The Frenchman was a blast to play as...), so I'd lean for desert.
Also, Grom and Wilbur and I already kind of LIVE in a desert (except not really) so we'd probably be better suited for that kind of situation.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  -Moonlight- Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Muffolithid wrote:If I were to create an RP taking place in an "extreme" sort of climate, which do you guys think would be better: desert, or arctic?
I like arctic climates better, but I think I'd have to vote desert. How often do we actually ever have an RP set in one? It might be niftier.

-Moonlight-

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Muffolithid wrote:
Grombrindal wrote:
Well, it would be, like, a little bit less cold, like, to not kill people too quickly. Razz
Pssh. We all know how YOU run your RPs. We'd be dead before you even finished your opening post! Razz

I'd claim I don't live in a desert and that I actually live in a relatively suburban city on the coast with a river running through it, but you wouldn't believe me - after all, ALL Australians live in the Outback, right? And we ride kangaroos, right? Right. Razz
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Grombrindal wrote:I'd claim I don't live in a desert and that I actually live in a relatively suburban city on the coast with a river running through it, but you wouldn't believe me - after all, ALL Australians live in the Outback, right? And we ride kangaroos, right? Right. Razz

Well, the area MTP and I live in can be pretty dry for extended periods of time (Ironically, we just got our first big rainstorm in a while today), so I guess that works in our favor. And yes, Grom, I'm pretty sure all you Aussies have your own personal kangaroo that you ride to work and school every day. Yours is probably named Steve and you rescued him from a burning building. Razz

Anyway, I'm voting for desert, except it shouldn't be post-apoc themed or something like that. As long as there aren't any radioactive zombies or Fallout references, I'm good. I'm not hating on stuff like that, I just think it's overdone and that we should try something new with the desert if we use it.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:19 pm

It's an idea for an adventure/fantasy RP, more Legend of Zelda-like than D&D-based. There won't be any radioactive zombies or Fallout references. Razz
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:03 am

Muffy, I'm down. I'll just play my Wind Waker Soundtrack CD whenever I'm supposed to be posting something.

Tehwilburforce wrote:
Grombrindal wrote:I'd claim I don't live in a desert and that I actually live in a relatively suburban city on the coast with a river running through it, but you wouldn't believe me - after all, ALL Australians live in the Outback, right? And we ride kangaroos, right? Right. Razz

Well, the area MTP and I live in can be pretty dry for extended periods of time (Ironically, we just got our first big rainstorm in a while today), so I guess that works in our favor. And yes, Grom, I'm pretty sure all you Aussies have your own personal kangaroo that you ride to work and school every day. Yours is probably named Steve and you rescued him from a burning building. Razz

Hey, if ALL Texans wear ten-gallon hats and ride horses to school, I don't see why other stereotypes can't apply, too. Razz
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  -Moonlight- Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:30 am

Say, does anyone know where Merc ran off to? I know he's always had his habits of disappearing without warning for a while, but it's been a pretty long time since he's last popped on.

-Moonlight-

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:46 am

-Moonlight- wrote:Say, does anyone know where Merc ran off to? I know he's always had his habits of disappearing without warning for a while, but it's been a pretty long time since he's last popped on.

Has he not been on SSLF either?
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  -Moonlight- Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Not since the beginning of June, according to his profile.

-Moonlight-

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Yeah, Merc just kind of dropped off the Earth and died. He has his bouts of inactivity but this is crazy. He probably became a gangster, and now he is too cool for us. Sad

Also I'm starting to get an idea for what this RP concept is going to be like. I'm just trying to think of ways that it can be more interesting than, "You walk across the desert, and fight a monster. Half of you die, you continue walking across the desert."

Maybe throw in some mirages...those kill people, right?
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:20 am

Muffolithid wrote:Also I'm starting to get an idea for what this RP concept is going to be like. I'm just trying to think of ways that it can be more interesting than, "You walk across the desert, and fight a monster. Half of you die, you continue walking across the desert."

Maybe throw in some mirages...those kill people, right?

The whole dang planet is a desert (Tatooine-style baby!!!) and we use small craft like Luke Skywalker's landspeeder to traverse it, occasionally stopping to loot the many ruins that dot the arid landscape. Inside of these ruins are (wait for it) horrible monsters guarding the treasure that want to kill us. How bout it Muffo?
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:22 am

And monkeys. Terrible space monkeys.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:52 am

Ooh, didn't think about ruins. Ruins here and there would be good for shaking things up.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm in. So, so in.

Though: I moved into my dorm room today. That was ... fun. Genuinely fun, and also somewhat heartbreaking (I left my LEGO at home Sad ).
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:29 pm

God, I move in next Tuesday. I'm not even scared or worried any more, I'm just not ready for my summer to be over.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next