Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 14 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Nirdian Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:49 am

Janitor101 wrote:Froliche Geburtstag Grombrindal!
(Happy Birthday auf Duetsch, cause I can. Razz )

Except you can't. Razz
Note: I will ridicule anyone messing up a language that I can speak, you have been warned.

Now then, since I take from that moment that it must be Grom's B-day, let me show you how it's done proper:

DE: "Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Grom!"

NL: "Fijne verjaardag, Grom!"

NO: "Gratulerer med dagen. Grom!"

Fuck Babelfish, ask me (Unless you want French or something then I can't help you, much, sorry.)

So yeah, anyway, happy birthday and all. What're you now, 19?

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 14 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:14 am

Cuidado wrote:You are lucky MTP. I'm in the marching band so I got to march Sunday and today, and of course both days were hot and our uniforms don't help at all. Standing is the worst part. And lets not forget my instrument, the sousaphone (or tuba for those of you who aren't in the know). They say the fiberglass is less heavy, which is true but, it doesn't matter if you carry the thing for half and hour. Basically, my weekend was crap, and hot.

You're in a marching band? And you play low brass?

:O

My respect level for you just went up, like, a bazillion points.

If you stay in it and enjoy it, please cherish it. I am forever done with my Marching Band experience, and I wouldn't give any of it away for anything. I greatly enjoyed my time under the plume, and I hope you do, too.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuidado Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:46 am

I greatly enjoyed my time under the plume, and I hope you do, too.

I have. I mean, it has been trying at times, considering the assistant director was a total bitch, but I still wouldn't trade that experience for anything. And I am done too. One more parade and my act in the band comes to a close. Although, since I was a tuba player, i lived my band life under the barrette, since a plume is hard to wear while playing a tuba, lol Razz
Cuidado
Cuidado

Characters
Name: Garrel
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  El Taco Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:31 am

I said it on SSLF and I'll say it here to. Happy B-Day Grom!

In other news oh god I can't wait for school to be over dear lord end it now.
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:45 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:You're in a marching band? And you play low brass?
I was in a concert band and played the trumpet. Does that count? Razz

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys. I'm eighteen now, so by Australian law I can drink. Somewhat fortunately (in my opinion) I don't like beer or most wine, so I won't end up as a teenage drinking statistic. Razz I honestly don't feel different at all from when I was seventeen (two days ago), but I guess I haven't really felt different before. It's just funny having my dad trying to buy me a beer. Razz
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:46 pm

I don't know who to trust anymore.

That is all.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:51 am

Apparently I'm banned from the SSLF Minecraft server.

Apparently some sad fucks can't understand the difference between a game and real life, and pitch little fits about their houses being blown up.

So, if I'm not let back in, with full OP capability, some people are gonna die. Aka... I'll blow everything up. 'Cause right now I feel like being a vengeful little bastard.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:38 am

Don't listen to the above man. He may be cool and stuff, but griefing really isn't. Griefing sucks, a lot.

How would you like it if you spent several days on building something, only to have some OP bastards blow it all up for kicks? I for one would hunt the motherfucker down.

Blowing up stuff is still fun though, just do it to an old house of yours, or otherwise a mountain or something.

That said: Vorgain, griefing is evil! And bannage is the usual response to Minecraft evil (aside from counter-griefing). Get used to it.

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:45 am

Please pardon my n00bishness, but WTF is griefing?

And, plus, technically the second set of explosives I'd set were in my basement. The basement just happened to be under Tamer's house...

And the first one was meant as an elaborate practical joke, until Twinky accidentally set everything off.

And then I go on to finish building my giant underground lair, and spawn more TNT to clear it out (way less time consuming), and get effing banned because I'm spawning more TNT to use for my own project? Well fuck ya very much, ladies and gents.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 am

Vorgain wrote:Please pardon my n00bishness, but WTF is griefing?
The Minecraft Wiki wrote:Griefing is the act of destroying large or otherwise very noticeable portions of other people's creations on a multiplayer Creative or Survival server. It is frowned upon by the majority of Minecraft users because it ruins many hours of work and makes maps untidy. In best case scenarios, the griefer is quickly removed from the server and their damage is trivial to repair. At worst, griefing can destroy an entire server if it does not have backups available.

So anyway, I'm planning to start The Sun Never Sets soonish. As soon as my exams are over/I've finished studying for them. I might post a discussion topic soon, but don't hold your breath - APB: Reloaded is currently master of my free time. Razz
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:37 am

My X-Box 360 came today. I didn't get the laptop that comes with is as part of an HP special yet, but I got the printer. Kinda odd, but whatever.
What good games are there for the 360?
OTHER THAN HALolos 1, 2, 5, 86, Reacharound, and Call of Derpy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 80billion, 'Nam edition, WWII edition, Eastern Home Front Upside-down edition, Tripping on Acid edition and all those other stupid FPS games.
Other than Portal and Portal 2 because I am going to get those and be happy and play them again and again.
Oh, and I need Borderlands and Arkham Asylum, apparently.

Oh, and I was actually thinking about starting up another Writing Challenge. That might spur some activity, if I have enough people interested.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:03 pm

Grombrindal wrote:So anyway, I'm planning to start The Sun Never Sets soonish. As soon as my exams are over/I've finished studying for them. I might post a discussion topic soon, but don't hold your breath - APB: Reloaded is currently master of my free time. Razz

Can I please come in late? I won't have time to play this month, but I'd LOVE to be in on it.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Lord Wiffilius wrote:
Grombrindal wrote:So anyway, I'm planning to start The Sun Never Sets soonish. As soon as my exams are over/I've finished studying for them. I might post a discussion topic soon, but don't hold your breath - APB: Reloaded is currently master of my free time. Razz

Can I please come in late? I won't have time to play this month, but I'd LOVE to be in on it.

Same. :/

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Nirdian wrote:
Lord Wiffilius wrote:

Same. :/

That said, I am totally game any time you are. Let's get this bitch on the road!
Woo hoo!
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:32 pm

I just had my baccaleurette. It was probably the saddest of the final senior events, and I feel both a mixture of sadness and fear towards the future. But, I still can't wait to see what comes next for me. Very Happy
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm kinda sad for the end of the year. Summer is nice and all, but so many good friends are moving on. I'll have to spend the most I can with them this time. In other news, I went secondary job hunting today. Got generally mixed responses ranging from "maybe" to "not likely" from 2 Gamestops, Barnes and Noble, Tom Thumb, and Kroger. Tonight, I'm staying up since I go into school late tomorrow for my last exam. Watching drift cars in Initial D and the awesomeness of MLP: FiM is almost too much. lol. How's everyone else?
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Janitor101 Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:04 pm

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:

Crysis 2. Since you excluded all those series which actually have some decent games in them.

And soon to be Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine, if the developers haven't fucked it up.

Janitor101
Janitor101

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Janitor101 wrote:
The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:

Crysis 2. Since you excluded all those series which actually have some decent games in them.

And soon to be Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine, if the developers haven't fucked it up.

No NOT Crysis 2! It's basically HALOLz, except not, because it's a copy. Also: It has to be the most cliché-filled bugger I've ever come across, apart from the 'original' HALO games anyway (1,2,3 were SOOOOO cliché... ODST and Reach were gold though). Also: Crysis 2 is lightyears inferior to the original. Crytek ruined the franchise, or at least turned it from a smart, original, and clever series into just another bland space-marine game where NYC is wrecked...

Yes, I have beef with Crysis 2. Now go get Crysis 1 for comp, do eet!

Also: Assasin's Creed, those games are AWESOME! Get them, get them ALL! SW: The Force Unleashed is also pretty nifty.

AND: Get Portal/Portal 2 for PC, though must! So we can pleh together. :3 (Besides, all VALVe games are MEANT to be on the PC... Hey that rhymes!)

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Thanks, guys! I'll definitely consider all these games.

So, we had our Graduation practice and it was BORING. And Graduation is going to be WORSE.

FUCK

And then we went to the Senior cookout at a local park on the lake. That was good, and we ate hamburgers on the playground because WE'RE MATURE HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS.

Afterwards, me and four ladies went to a friend's house to do a variety of things. One of my asian friends made us some ramen, I made some Arnold Palmers (iced tea and lemonade; super-delicious), and we watched some silly anime and The Aristocats. The hostess lives by a large pond / park. During a snow storm this winter (and by snow storm in Texas, I mean we had, like, a few inches of snow and we all FREAKED OUT OH MY GOD) one of the trees "fell down." It's still alive, just shifted a bit, and now it leans out over the water of the pond. We all decided to climb on the branches and drink some frozen lemonade. It felt very cliché and summerlike.

The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Self-created internet-blackout over the weekend... not that this place would notice. Razz

Reason: Read a 900-page book (already had 200 down, so 700, really). Finished it, no sweat. More info on it can be found on mah tumblr.

That's all for now.

/nirdian signing off

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 pm

NIRD. THERE YOU ARE.

I missed ya. Now get back on Tumblr and keep posting some of the ONLY interesting posts to cross my dash!

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:54 am

So. I graduated on Saturday. It was a lot less boring than I thought it would be, and I was (surprisingly) dry-eyed the whole time. yay me!
We have this thing called "Project Graduation" at my school, where all the graduated seniors are bussed off to a game place ("Main Event") to play arcade games, bowl, laser tag, and eat free food and win free shit. We got a sweet deal. A local Toyota dealer even donated a free car! I ended up walking away with a free 19" LED-LCD TV and fifty bucks (everyone got $50, but I was one of the few who won a TV).
I've been to so many graduation parties in the past two days I haven't even had time to check my internets.
Well, that, and my relatives were here. Namely, my crazy aunts and some of my cousins. One of my youngest cousins came with his mom and had a freaking blast in my LEGO room. Thankfully, my brother was supervising him the entire time. I try not to begrudge him making a mess in there because he is, after all, the target demographic for LEGO and my brother and I are just freaks who can't let go. ;P
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 pm

If you don't like fanboying, don't go on the SSLF today. In particular, avoid the Red Base. Uncharted 3's trailer was shown at E3, and it's started a frenzy.

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm writing a short story for assessment and I may need a proofreader later on. I can't post it due to plagiarism issues, but I can PM it to you. If you'd be willing to help me out, post in here and I'll shoot off a PM. I'm going with a film noir-style detective piece.
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Was watching E3 live yesterday. Managed to catch the Ubisoft conference. It was boring, the jokes sucked and there was another dancing game... I was however a bit surprised by this Guitar Hero game with proper guitars. And of course lots of yays for Assassin's Creed: Revelations. :3

Also: Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 FTW! Very Happy

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:23 am

Finished the short story - now I'm just in a proofreading/editing stage. Offer's still open for people to read it for me; I'd really appreciate all the help I can get. Just post and I'll shoot it over in a PM.
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next