Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Vorgain Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:22 am

Well, I'm in a rather "meh" mood today.

Hopefully I can get to RotK tonight. I wanna see that.

Buuuuuuut I might be too tired to stay up for the four and a half hour movie. =/

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:13 am

I builded a choo-choo today. :3

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 5880902551_47430a347e

And I didn't just build it to avoid cleaning my LEGO room or have to face the fact I am short one freaking part for my COG femmebot fatale. Sh'es almost done, I just need to put on the armor on the left leg! And maybe get a new tail... I dunno.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 am

Nirdian wrote:Whoa... What the hell happened here? I'm away for like a day and suddenly this place is ACTIVE again?! (After several weeks of being totally, completely and utterly dead, mind you)
I decided to post something. Razz
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey guys. Has anyone heard of Project Rainfall? I've recently joined up to help try and get Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower a U.S. release and I'm definitely gonna send a letter/email to Nintendo in July. We need as much help as we can get, so please consider writing to them too. Here is Operation Rainfall's blog. Go here if you'd like to help and would like more info. kthxbye
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:53 pm

LOTR:ROTK IN THEATERS PURE AWESOME

*GEEKS OUT*

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Tehwilburforce wrote:Hey guys. Has anyone heard of Project Rainfall? I've recently joined up to help try and get Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower a U.S. release and I'm definitely gonna send a letter/email to Nintendo in July. We need as much help as we can get, so please consider writing to them too. Here is Operation Rainfall's blog. Go here if you'd like to help and would like more info. kthxbye

The fact that Nintendo is not supporting the release of these games is another reason I will not be supporting them any longer as a gamer. Nintendo has always been notoriously bad at providing software for their systems, and this year they have nothing but Zelda and Kirby coming out for the wii, an insult to buyers of the console. The problem is that Nintendo has the games, they just refuse to release them over here, something that none of the other console makers would consider doing.
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Ya know, I tried to clean up my LEGO room today (the house is getting cleaned tomorrow), buuuut...
I totally failed.

Instead, I played and (finally) finished my contribution to BrickFair:
The COG fembot fatale "Desdemona"

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 5882977447_d5f348c8f7

The picture is so bad, though... ;_;

I'll need to take some better ones later.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:07 pm

Awesome stuff bro! Smile

I wanna build again...

Buuut...

This:
A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 Tumblr_lnnnmhFaFH1qjz2uno1_500

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:59 pm

THIS NEEDS TO BE SAID: Tuberz! Your contextless GIF avatar is creeping me the fuck out!

That'll be all.

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:14 am

Sigh... Whatever happened with our RP's. I was having so much fun with those. I'm not blaming anyone for anything, but could the DM's possibly post a nice little catalyst to get us going again?

I'm becoming heavily involved in Op Rainfall nowadays and we now have a dedicated forum in addition to our other sites and pages. Come join if you like. Here's the link to that. Also, we are having a meeting in a public live chat room at 1:00 PM Pacific Time (Which is about an hour from now). We will discuss different methods for convincing Ninty to localize the games. Come help out if you'd like.

I really miss you guys. This forum's seemed kinda lonely without you. Sad
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:18 pm

Warning: buncha words down there; not all of them will make sense to you.

I just got back from Brick Fiesta, an AFOL (Adult Fans of LEGO) event down in Austin! Actually, it was officially a convention. So I'm not a convention virgin any more! And I can't think of another convention I'd rather lose my convention virginity at. To. Whatever.
Anyway, it was a freaking blast. I met a lot of new people, fellow LEGO nerds and stuff. I helped my bro and his university's LUG set up (kinda; not really, but I did talk to them) and we met some really cool spacers* and I got to meet a crapton of Trainheads*. Granted, TexLUG (Texas LEGO Users Group) is made up of mostly Trainheads. BUT, there were some really awesome displays, as well.
Like, for instance, there was Nannan Z .'s and Legohaulic's Mirage, a joint build between two LEGO greats, was there. And let me tell you, that thing was massive. They don't properly capture the scale on these pictures. Here is the news crew filming it (and that was a big camera). It took them (Legohaulic and Nannan) almost three hours just to set it up.
While I was there, I got to talk with a lot of my idols, like Nannan Z., Legohaulic, The Grandpappy, and even some other people, too! And ya know what was SUPER AWESOME?

THEY KNEW WHO I WAS.

They know who I was based solely on my Flickr handle! They've seen my builds! They know what I do! They knew who I was on Flickr before they knew who I was IRL! When we participated in something called a "parts draft,**" they knew which parts I was gonna pick out first (and let me have them)! I was so stoked and flattered and amazed and excited I almost DIED.

So yeah, really great experience, I really hope it happens again next year!

*For those not in the know: the LEGO hobbyist community can be divided into a few categories: Spacers, Castle, Trainheads, City, Bionicle, mecha, and the losers that dabble in everything. Some of the die-hard spacers or trainheads would never dream of branching out and trying new things, but to each his (or her) pwn. And besides; usually, whatever it is you specialize in, you're really good at it.

**A parts draft is an AFOL thing. It's where we all buy a certain set, then pool all of the parts. We then organize the parts into piles based on piece (a pile of 1 x 2 plates, a pile of technic beams, a pile of T-pieces, etc.) and we all take turns picking a pile. Everyone goes home with a bunch of new parts, usually a pile of useful repeat parts. None of us have enough parts to build a single model of the set, but sets are really just parts bins for us, anyway, so it doesn't bother us.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Dude, that's AWESOME!

(And I'm currently green with envy, but I'll survive, maybe... If you promise to go again next year when I'm gonna try to be there! Smile )

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 pm

I might be attempting to jumpstart my first RP on here since it's been kinda stagnant the past couple weeks. I have a cool idea that I will post soon just as a concept page, not a sign-up. I want to see how many of you would be interested in this RP. It'll be different from ones we've done before and it's based off a widely known franchise, so I hope that doesn't scare you guys away.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:42 pm

I agree with Wilbur. Let's, at least, get something started.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:44 pm

If there's any interest, I was considering a cyberpunk RP based around a gang of dudes hired to break into a corporate facility and steal some prototype technology. I'm very early in the conception (I've got some rough ideas and some concept arty stuff) and if there's not much interest I might not have enough motivation/time to run it as well as uni work and my comic over on SSLF, but if you guys reckon it's a cool idea I'm sure I can work out my schedule.
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 am

I will now spam you with puppies.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 178734860

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 Cutest-Puppies7

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 1268416725-puppies

That is all.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:40 pm

I work at a dog day-care and grooming salon thing. I do not need any more dogs.
BUT I LOVE THEM REGARDLESS Very Happy

Oh, by the way: there is a notoriously snarky and satirical and generally mean-spirited hipster-run LEGO blog called twee affect. If you end up going through their posts, you'll find that no one is safe from their oh-so-witty tongue of quicksilver and their razor-sharp wit and tact.
However, if you look at this post in particular, you will find that they have blogged blagged my recent MOC, the Trainhead. It looks to me like the post is genuinely sincere, and that I actually managed to either impress or, at the very least, please one of the twee affect writers.
I legitimately cannot tell whether they are being serious or satirical.
Either way, I'm flattered.

Aaaaand I really hope they don't find this forum because if they did, the post would instantly turn satirical.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:02 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:*twee affect*

Well, they do genuinely like some MOCs, but it's pretty much like Yahtzee and games... So yeah, I guess that officially makes you one of the best and most creative builders out there, bravo. (Now best hope they don't find this indeed, they probably won't change the post, but make a new one about the reaction instead Razz).

In other news: I'm building again! After what, a month? Yeah, I need to get it done by the 13th, so it's a bit of a rush. And I can't tell you what it is because MTP is one of the judges for the contest it's for. I guess you'll see on the 13th/14th, then. Smile

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:58 am

Hey guys, last night I posted a new RP concept for comments and criticism in Ecclesia. Check it out and help me improve the idea if you're interested.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:13 pm

Nirdian wrote:Awesome stuff bro! Smile

I wanna build again...

Buuut...

This:
*Nirdie-poo is sorting*

Okay, sorry I missed this.
NIRDIAN. (I wish we knew each other IRL so I could take you by the shoulders and look you in the eyes for this.)
Trust me, sorting is WORTH. EVERY. AGONIZING.* MOMENT.
Don't. Give. Up.
I think you'll find that sorting is beyond helpful. It pretty much saved the hobby for me. The more time you spend sorting and micro-managing your parts, the less time you spend searching and thus the more time you spend building. You'll find that, if you sort well, builds come out easier and quicker. As builds come out easier and quicker, you'll get faster at building. You'll develop new techniques, better manage your parts, get to know your collection. As you get to know your collection, your skill with the bricks will increase (not that you're not pretty good at them already; you definitely have talent) and you'll enjoy it even more; as you enjoy it more, the people "around" you will, too, and you'll get more views and Faves.
That's what happened to me, at least. And you'll tweak your sorting system as you get used to it, make it more and more efficient to where your hand naturally falls when building. Hell, I still move around drawers and reassign spaces for different things. (I'm not just putting off sorting my Barnacle parts, oh nooo... >_> )

So yeah. Don't give up. I believe in you!

*May or may not be an exaggeration.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 Empty Woohoo!

Post  El Taco Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Finally have started on my firearm safety course. Yes!
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Whelp, I finished my build, now comes the photography and then it's back to sortings... Ugh... (BUT IT'S WORTH IT IN THE END!)

Also: New Adventure Time (SEASON 3!) coming out TODAY! Very Happy

Shame I can't watch it cuz no CN... Sad (I'll wait till it turns up on le webz)

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 pm

FUCK THE FUTURE!

FUCK THIS INACTIVITY!

FUCK ALL THIS SHIT!

HAVE SOME FUCKING LEGO SHIT I MADE!

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 5928970496_3e2f359239_z
Here's a sci-fi train.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 17 5934988897_cbea30dbe0_z
And here's my Happy Fun Car

DEAL WITH IT!

Also: My ears and eyes feel like they're bleeding, fuck. -_-

Mood: Angreee!!! AT EVERYTHING! (Except Vorgy. He cool.)

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Nirdy-poo, I voted for yooouuuuuuuuuu

I think yours was close, though.
Some of those other entries... well, let's just say... sometimes, there's really no contest.

Yes, I'm biased and judgmental. It's why I'm a judge. And yes, I do take into account everything I know about that builder that posted their MOC. If I like / respect them, they get more points. It's how I roll.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:59 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:Nirdy-poo, I voted for yooouuuuuuuuuu

I think yours was close, though.
Some of those other entries... well, let's just say... sometimes, there's really no contest.

Yes, I'm biased and judgmental. It's why I'm a judge. And yes, I do take into account everything I know about that builder that posted their MOC. If I like / respect them, they get more points. It's how I roll.

:3

And yeah, the contest is cool. I'm a bit surprised to see how many dropped out/didn't post anything though, quite a shame, it left a lot of awesome entries unchallenged. And so many people used that box as robot-head... Neutral

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next