Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 21 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Muffolithid Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:25 am

Update: Thinking of majorly tweaking the RP idea I had so that it's an adventure on the high seas rather than a trek through the desert. It will be the same sort of concept, with the RP primarily focused on characters and exploration of a variety of different places, but I think I can do more with ocean exploration than with desert exploration. There will still be specific areas (mostly islands) that you're supposed to visit in the RP, but every now and then there will be an unexpected event like the discovery of an uncharted island, a shipwreck, a big storm, an attack from a sea monster, etc.

I'm also thinking of just making it totally cheesy and having it so that you guys end up going to places like an ice island with igloos and yetis and stuff, or a fire island with volcanoes and dinosaurs. Just for fun. Razz
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 21 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  El Taco Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 am

I'm also thinking of just making it totally cheesy and having it so that you guys end up going to places like an ice island with igloos and yetis and stuff, or a fire island with volcanoes and dinosaurs. Just for fun.
TBH I'd love a roleplay like that that doesn't take itself seriously.
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:36 pm

If you make our boat talk like the King of Red Lions from Windwaker, I will love you forever Muffo. That would kick so much ass. Also, I has a question. Would we be members of the crew or could we just be passengers along for the ride? I'm guessing you'd be cap'n, though.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:01 pm

You would be hired by the captain (my NPC) to work on the boat and explore the many islands and locales you discover. I have no knowledge whatsoever about sailing, though, so I'm not going to assign jobs to everyone or anything silly like that.

And no, the boat won't talk. I don't want to be too much like Windwaker. Razz
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Muffolithid wrote:And no, the boat won't talk. I don't want to be too much like Windwaker. Razz

Aw. Sad fais. But this has all the ideas from that game that made me love it so hardcore. I really, really love the idea of exploring new worlds and seeing what happens next.
What kind of characters are you looking for?
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:34 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:What kind of characters are you looking for?
Haven't really decided yet, to be honest. It's going to be a fantasy RP so obviously that's something to keep in mind, but I'm thinking that the player characters should all be regular, non-magic-using adventurers, and preferably young people because they're dumb enough to tag along on this sort of quest. Razz I'll pretty much accept just about any character though, with the obvious exception of bad or overpowered ones.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:59 am

Muffolithid wrote:Haven't really decided yet, to be honest. It's going to be a fantasy RP so obviously that's something to keep in mind, but I'm thinking that the player characters should all be regular, non-magic-using adventurers, and preferably young people because they're dumb enough to tag along on this sort of quest. Razz I'll pretty much accept just about any character though, with the obvious exception of bad or overpowered ones.

Maybe the player species could be some sort of Atlantean culture that has some basic aquatic abilities? Otherwise, I'm scared it might end up like Over the Sea, which to me got reeeeeeaaaaallyyy boooooooooorrrrrrrrrinnnngggggggg. Sit on a boat. Talk to people. Sit some more. Talk a bit more and try to develope your chacater. Get attacked by a few vikings. Sit some more. Aaaaaaaaaaand more.

I think you guys reached land after I dropped out though...

I would totally be down with your RP if it had land, ruins, or maybe land ruins frequently enough. Like Voyage of the Dawn Treader stuff Wink
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:30 am

I agree with Wiffles. We need to make sure we aren't on the boat all the time. Also, I think that idea about having people from Atlantis among the crew would be kinda cool.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Don't worry, I don't plan on spending too much time on the boat at any one time during the RP. Overall we're going to be sailing quite a bit, but I don't intend to ever have you guys sitting around on a ship for pages and pages on end. Whenever things get stale on the sea I'll draw up some inspiration from a big list of random encounters that might occur while sailing, which should always shake things up.

As for other races I'm still debating it, but personally I wouldn't be totally opposed to making it humans-only for a change. There are plenty of RPs that are based in settings where humans are the only race available, and people find other ways to make their characters interesting. I plan on challenging the people that sign up for the RP.

And yes, one of my plans for the RP involves visiting small islands solely for the purpose of exploring ancient ruins.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:18 am

I just got back from a summer camp planning summit for Boy Scouts. Those of you not in scouts can't appreciate a BSA Summer Camp like say, myself, Vorg, and Tubers can, much less being on staff, but anyway. Loads of big stuff got decided on. Including next year's campwide theme.

They used my idea. 2012 Olympics as a BSA Camp theme for three straight weeks! I'm thrilled they loved my idea.

Aaaaaaaand some major league awkwardness happened befor the meeting. I recently switched Venturing Crews, and I sort of hadn't told the previous crew yet, and my dad picked up the patches for me, saying across the room "I got your unit number patches." And one of the two adults I was talking to (The Course Director for 2012 NYLT, an I'm Course Leader, so I was talking NYLT stuff with him) asked me "Oh, are those your new crew numbers?"

THe other adult was my old crews advisor.

Awkward

It was akward because I was one of the first people to sign up for this crew. I was one of the most active, but I started to disagree with the way tings are run and the people in it (Some of them, like less than half) so I transferred in our council's other major crew, and this one is [ractically run by the Council Executive and his daughter's the crew president, so they have their act together with properly run, by-the-book stuff. I just did my first event with them (BSA Lifeguard) and I loved it as well as the people in the crew. Tuesday I'm teaching he first half of VLSC to the crew. So there really isn't any way I'm going back to my old crew. It's just that the parting was incognito, then an adult blurts out and blows my cover. Somehow, I don't think I have heard the last of it... Shocked
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:15 am

Today a friend of mine and I were talking at lunch. I mentioned to her that I watched Lucky Star. She then asked me if I watch MLP:FiM. I told her that I did and she proceeded to make fun of me for it. Fortunately, I had the last laugh because it turns out that another friend of mine who happened to be sitting at the same table as us (he didn't hear the conversation) also really likes the show and told me when the first friend came around to randomly mention it and mock me after school today. I guess you never know where you will find bronies. Wink
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Okay, the internet in my dorm room is kind of... fucked up.
I can get on to almost all my sites, it's just... odd. I have to keep switching back and forth between Google Chrome and Firefox (I prefer Chrome, but if Firefox works, then hey). All my sites used to work on Chrome, but now, only a few of them do. And all my sites used to work on Firefox, too, but now, the other half doesn't.
It's really odd. Kind of aggrivating. There's some HiSpeedUp program bullshit that will always prompt for a login to use the internet when I load a browser, but I can usually circumvent it. I always think "A HAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU" when I do.

But, other than that, college is really fun! I'm not online as much as I used to be (which isn't really a bad thing), and I've made a lot of new really awesome friends.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:05 pm

God, I love college so much. I love my schedule with the exception of just one day, I find my classes relatively enjoyable, and I'm just dancing around in my new found freedom. I wake up when I feel like it, get something to eat whenever I want at a number of surprisingly good dining halls, and whenever I'm bored I just walk down the hall and see if anyone is in their dorm, and we hang out. I miss my old friends but I'm making so many more and just chilling 90% of the time. My suite-mate listens to Paramore, Four Year Strong, and Set Your Goals. My friend down the hall has taught me to play pool decently, and my actual roommate has enlightened me in the ways of ping pong. There's a film major down the hall who just sits around and talks with me about whether the theatrical release or the director's cut of Donnie Darko is better. Every night 10-25 of us get together in the lounge and play a game we call "Basterds" (intentionally spelled wrong, as it is based off of the game seen in the bar scene in Inglourious Basterds). The other night about half a dozen of us got together in my room and watched Mr. Show with Bob and David...and they liked it! People here have good taste!

I don't know, I'm just having a ton of fun. Obviously classwork is starting to drag me down but I'm still enjoying every moment when I'm not in classes or doing work. I can tell that the weekends around here are going to be great. If I had one complaint, it would probably be that half of the people I've met here smoke pot, which I don't. I don't really care that much, but last night me and some friends were trying to watch Fight Club at two in the morning and the one guy was like, "Yeah I think I'm gonna smoke some pot." I was just kinda like, "Well, I'm here so...could you not?"

The cool part: he didn't. People here are awesome!
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:44 pm

On the subject of college, I can't wait to get there, I'm excited for it. But I'm applying for seven. Bloody. Schools. In. Three. States.

I'll be glad when application time is over...

On another note, Tuberz, Vorg, and I have something cooking to breathe some life into this place.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:39 am

Playing Project Zomboid has made me fall in love with zombies again. And realise just how stuffed I would be during a real zombie apocalypse. Sad
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:02 pm

I came home for the Labor Day weekend (for those of you who don't know: we silly Americans celebrate Labor Day by not doing labor).
For a graduation present, my dad got me a Ruger 10/22 with a Tommy gun kit already attached. Usually, I don;t get a hard-on for guns, but I have a weakness for Thompsons. Even Thompson imitations.
Anyway, that was about three months ago. Today, my dad, bro, and I all went to the range. It was my first time back in years (I remembered it very unfondly; guns don't really appeal to me, to be honest). My dad has sort of a funny sense of humor; he ordered some targets from a website called ZombieTargets.net. I shot at Zombie Osama (which is, in itself, a little insensitive and kind of racist, in my opinion, but hey, it was a zombie).
I didn't remember shooting to be that entertaining. Granted, it wasn't a total fucking blast, and we have to have two seconds between every shot (lame), but I enjoyed myself. I have two 50-round drum magazines (like the one in the picture), a 25-round mag, and a few 10-round ones. Between the three of us, we chewed through about 700 rounds of .22 ammo. And that's not including the .45 ammo my dad and bro shot (I could feel the blast every time they fired; it was pretty impressive).
Even cleaning the guns was not as bad as I remember.
And that was pretty much all I did today.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:04 am

SSLF is down for me. Pity, because I had some news about Skyrim for Wolfy.

Apparently a Bethesda employee leaked that Werewolves are in development. They'll either be in the full game or some early DLC.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:52 am

So, two of my good high-school friends came up to my campus for a visit yesterday. That was really nice, but they thought the whole place must be deserted since no one was out and about. It was a little creepy, no lie. I showed 'em around and introduced them to one of my roommates, and they enjoyed that. And then they declared my campus officially boring.
That's because they didn't know what happened later.
One of my college friends decided that we were gonna have a Dead Space playing party. Let me tell you: I'm a huge wuss when it comes to scary stuff, so I honestly never thought about playing the game. We got a bunch of people together in a large room with an HD projector and surround sound and played about halfway through it, passing the controller off every fifteen minutes. It's a pretty fun game, but it's even more fun when the bad guys pop out and every girl (and myself) screams "AAUGH KILL IT KILL IT IT'S OVER THERE AAAUUGH" The story is pretty fascinating, too.
Anyway, when we realized that we wouldn't be able to finish it that night, we called it and went to bed. That was at about four. I slept in until 1:30. 'twas glorious.

Also: I downloaded Minecraft. Fun game. I like to poke around a bit.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm getting rather sick and tired of not knowing who my friends are and whether or not I can trust them. Even after long friendships I think are great friendships I find out half of it's a lie.

It really has me questioning whether or not I can trust anyone at all.

I also realized that no matter what, I can never be in a happy romantic relationship, because I will never believe that the girl will actually want to be with me and isn't just with me because she couldn't get anyone better.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:41 am

Stop doubting yourself Vorgy, if you keep thinking like that then its only going to make people annoyed or in the ladies case less attracted to you. its fine that you doubt yourself a little bit, its something that we all do. But based on your posts here its a near constant thing. You are who you are and that should be good enough for everyone else and more importantly yourself.
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:33 am

Oh, I'm good enough for myself. I just have self confidence issues. I'm working on it. Razz

Also:

My car is fucked. Fuuuuuuuuuck. I need a new one. Sad

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Harrow Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:30 am

Vorgain wrote:
My car is fucked. Fuuuuuuuuuck. I need a new one. Sad

That'll make your car's self esteem plummet, too.. I feel bad for you, man.

Entertaining the idea of moving to Scotland. Because they lack an army to support, they've got so much money to burn! It's fantastic!
I heard they've got libraries, man. All the libraries out on my side are gone or going, no matter how many "We Can Do It!" posters we put up.
Oh, and they also have-
wait for it, because this'll quite possibly kill you with sheer, unrefined suprise
-FREE UNIVERSITY

Ahah, fun stuff, no?
The downside? I'd be ridiculed like a Tribes 3 fan on a Tribes 1 RPG server, due to my perfectly clear English accent which doesn't fit the area I live at all.
Still, just an idea. If it works, it'll bethe best thing to happen to me since I became an award winning author. Yes, that really happened.
Harrow
Harrow

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Just watched The Last Boy Scout and enjoyed it.

This is the second night I've been up late. It helps my mind not think if I distract myself. Which is good.

Also, I wrote something. If you wanna read it let me know. I won't post it because if no one's interested I don't wanna waste time.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Harrow Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:05 am

Vorgain wrote:
Also, I wrote something. If you wanna read it let me know. I won't post it because if no one's interested I don't wanna waste time.

I'd love to. I just remembered that the last work I read by you was either Baby Back Ribs or the one with the fisherman, so I take it I'm a little behind.

So, going to a D&D match tomorrow. There's four of us, so it'll be closer to Dragon Age than Icewind Dale, but apparently we've got some lovely plot twists in store.
I'll be going human barbarian, my appearance based on this IW portrait.
We're running third edition, because it's all they know. I prefer 2nd because it had better artwork, no bizarre racial combos (Elven Paladins- *snort*) and a penchant for being just ever so slightly NOT FUCKING COMBAT FOCUSED.

But yeah, I'll be sure to write up how it went. The last time I did something like this was Rogue Trader with the same group- my character ended up groping a Calidus Assassin. Oh yeah, and I screwed up a roll determining how badly I could remove a rebreather. It didn't go well. I think someone had to shoot it off. Too bad the next story arc had us fighting not to be flung into deep space after a hull breach. Not sure how I got out of that one.
Harrow
Harrow

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:13 am

Harrow wrote:
Vorgain wrote:

I'd love to. I just remembered that the last work I read by you was either Baby Back Ribs or the one with the fisherman, so I take it I'm a little behind.

http://thatforgottenplace.tumblr.com/post/10205114291/we-both-go-down-together

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next