Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 12 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Janitor101 Mon May 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Keep NoS alive, if you can, I'm enjoying myself. Razz
Janitor101
Janitor101

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 12 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Tehwilburforce Tue May 17, 2011 9:55 am

Why does it seem like everyone on here is being a total downer? I think you all need to take this picture's advice.
A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 12 61cU5GFdrhL._SL500_AA300_

Sorry if I sound like an insensitive asshole, but I'm kinda tired of the mopey posts and stuff.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Name: Sandor Hosok
Stats:

http://tehwilburforce.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Tue May 17, 2011 10:24 am

EVERYONE.

LOOK AT THIS AND CHEER UP:

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 12 2473548737_ec717ae6c6

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Tue May 17, 2011 10:37 am

Vorgain wrote:
[ img ] KITTEN [ /img ]

AUGHBGRARLGLKSJ SO CUTE

And yes, Reel Big Fish is awesome. I love ska.

I picked up a job application today at my local hobby store. I need want money so I can buy useless things.

Oh, and my appeal to change my application decision has been denied. But you know what? That's perfectly fine, because I already have a university that actually wants me there. And I'm getting a scholarship there, too! So just EAT IT, UT Austin!

You'll be sad without me.

Naw, actually, I'm fine. I think it's time for me to branch out and make my own path in life, instead of following my brother's shadow everywhere.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Tue May 17, 2011 10:57 am

Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect! Mass Effect!

Oh? Did I say that out loud?

Anyway, my femShep is baws, now I just need to not get Wrex killed and all will be awesome.

(10 hours of gameplay, started on Saturday, I iz addicted)

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Tue May 17, 2011 11:42 am

Its been stressful as shit, but I've finally decided where I'm going to college. Good god, its so good to have that weight lifted off my shoulders.
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Tue May 17, 2011 3:11 pm

That's awesome, Hawk. I felt really great after I finally chose where I was going to school, and then I realized that the pain was just beginning. I had just two or three days to submit my deposit and apply for honors housing, and it turned out that the university's website was completely idiotic and dysfunctional and it took tech support a number of days to get around to actually helping us. I still have to figure out the meal plan crap and then finish this stupid online placement testing.

I'm still really glad that the difficult decisions are out of the way, at least.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Tue May 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Muffy, you see the most recent Castle?

I hate cliffhangers.

;_;
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Tue May 17, 2011 4:01 pm

You going to UT Dallas MTP??? That's liek my first pick!!! Can you say "Dormmates" five times fast? Very Happy
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:Muffy, you see the most recent Castle?

I hate cliffhangers.

;_;

The one that aired last night? I'm watching it today.

I've heard... very bad... good things about it. Apparently it makes people cry. A lot.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Wed May 18, 2011 8:55 am

I didn't watch Castle last night, actually. I'm a fan and I'll watch it with nothing else to do if it's on, but I don't actively follow it. My mom told me all about it, though.

Today I went to get my hair cleaned up a bit before prom, and I while the one guy cut my hair I overheard the other barber and his customer talking about purchasing prostitutes. Um...
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Wed May 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Tehwilburforce wrote:You going to UT Dallas MTP??? That's liek my first pick!!! Can you say "Dormmates" five times fast? Very Happy

I'll tell you once and I'll tell you again: that's a terrible idea. Never room with a friend. It will end badly. Ever heard the cliché "familiarity breeds contempt?" Yeah. It's true.
(The only exception I know about is Sarah and Jessica; those two are, oddly, still friends after rooming together. I guess it's 'cause they practically lived together since they met, anyway.)

The one that aired last night? I'm watching it today.

I've heard... very bad... good things about it. Apparently it makes people cry. A lot.

I didn't cry, but I was unhappy with the last five minutes. Mad

Aaaand that's literally the most interesting thing that happened to me today. We're doing very little in all my classes, since AP testing ended. We played Just Dance 2 in Spanish, though, and got our teacher to play with us. That was fun.
Oh, and Wilbur and I helped to film some skits for the Band Photeo Show for Band Banquet this weekend.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Fri May 20, 2011 12:40 pm

I've been trying out for our Band's leadership team for the past few weeks and today I we finally got the results. Not only did I not get in, but I was way down the list from other people in my section. I'm kinda sadface because this just adds to little frustrating things that have gotten to me lately, like my foot which is currently in a brace to keep my smashed toe from moving. I feel happy for all of my friends who made it, but I feel like it'll be awkward being one of the few seniors without a leadership position, especially when I'm talking with them and stuff. Crying or Very sad
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Fri May 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Finished Mass Effect yesterday.

IT.

WAS.

AWESOME!

Also: I'm ill and that sucks. At least I got Mass Effect 2 though. :3

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Sun May 22, 2011 10:05 am

Yesterday was perhaps the longest day of my life, and I'd go back and relive it all in a second if I got the chance. Oh, man, it was awesome.

I woke up and felt like I was going to die. I had to present my graduation project to all of my peers and teachers at school and then I had do the whole prom...thing. It was awful. The first two periods of the school day dragged on for hours and hours, it seemed, and then third period came and I went down to present my project. It went great. I thought my project would be the most boring one there, but at the end I received a lot of compliments on how interesting it sounded. The teachers that graded me just so happened to be biology teachers, and for my project I just so happened to have interned at a genetics research facility. I ended up averaging a 95% on my presentation, and on June 13th I will indeed be graduating.

The seniors were released from school early for prom, so we went home at noon. There were no buses to compete with because only people who could drive home were being released early, and as a result there was no hurry for me to rush out to my car and get out of the parking lot. Me and my grad project buddies hung around for a while and talked about our presentations, and it turned out we all did really well. My one friend cooked a bunch of international foods for his project, so we all stood around and ate the beef stew he brought in for his presentation. It was delicious. Afterwards I went out to the parking lot and met a bunch of different people who were about to leave. Everyone was excited for prom but I was just hyped up to be done with my grad project. People congratulated me, we told each other to have fun at prom, and I went home.

A few hours later I got my tux on and went to pick up my date. She wasn't letting anyone see her dress before the day of prom, and it wasn't hard to see why - amazing. She was like a completely different girl than the one I knew from school, absolutely beautiful, funny, and super cool. I didn't care much about the different outfits people were wearing, but I honestly think she had one of the best dresses there...but maybe I'm a little biased. After we took some pictures at her house we went to her friend's and did it all over again.

The prom itself was pretty chill, with pretty much everyone I knew being there. The food was pretty sub-par, but that was probably the least important part of the whole thing so I didn't really care much. They had a photobooth where people could go and get dressed up and make themselves look like idiots, so of course we did that, and it was awesome. Then there was the dancing portion of the night, which lasted for three hours and featured only two slow-dance songs. We were out there dancing for the entire time except for when we took a ten minute break at one point, so it was kind of exhausting, but fun.

I was actually really upset when the whole thing was over, but I drove her home and walked her to her door and did the whole prom date thing, and then I went home and slept for twelve hours. Awesome, awesome night.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Sun May 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Ya know, this writing dealie isn't as easy as it would seem. I'm meant to write a short story with no limitations and no guidance for assessment. There's no required theme, no special constraints, no boundaries and no particular form. It's a clean sheet and we get assessed based on what we write - for example, if we do poems, the poetry lecturer assesses it. It's kinda like a less-annoying version of high-school assignments where they tell you to write a short story but limit you to writing about one thing in one place at one time and in a set number of words.

Normally, this'd be awesome and I'd really enjoy it, but I can't even come up with an idea. I'm completely stuck. I can write about anything I want and I can't think of anything to write. It's like being given three wishes by a genie and suddenly realising there's nothing I really want.

Anyone got any suggestions? Just a prod or the seed of an idea would help, because at the moment I'm clueless.
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Mon May 23, 2011 4:56 am

Write something based in the Metropolis universe...Or I could just write it for you. That sounds like fun! Razz
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Mon May 23, 2011 5:22 am

I see your prom was kind of like mine, Muffy (minus the senior presentations and getting out of school early; ours was on a Saturday). But our food was amazing and delicious. Buuut we didn't get silly outfits to wear for our photobooth, so I am jealous.

Yesterday was the much-anticipated Band Banquet. It was my last one, since I am a graduating Senior. I got a few awards (including a nice plaque!) and then the drum majors talked for a long time. The Photeo Show (our video / photo slideshow about the past year) was nice, but then we got to grind on people (my favorite part!). I danced until I couldn't breathe anymore, then danced some more. I was so exhausted.
And then I got to get up early to go have breakfast with my grandparents, who are in town for my Eagle Ceremony thing, which is today.
When do I get my time off?

Oh, wait, that's called school. I love school after the AP tests.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Mon May 23, 2011 10:14 am

Muffolithid wrote:Write something based in the Metropolis universe...Or I could just write it for you. That sounds like fun! Razz
That never even occurred to me and it's a really good idea but I already started writing and graaagh! I'd post what I've got so far, but I'm not sure how our uni's plagiarism rules work - by posting it here, I could be committing academic dishonesty and end up failing the course. Sad I'll ask my tutor, though; we're meant to get advice from people for it and take part in critique sessions, so it COULD be fine. I've gone with a 1940s detective piece set in an unnamed American city, starring a detective whose wife is cheating on him and a bar called Harvey's. That's all I've really got so far. Razz
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Mon May 23, 2011 10:55 am

I've got it! The detective's wife is cheating on him with the guy who owns Harvey's (Harvey?), and the guy ends up getting shot in a robbery and the detective is the one selected to investigate the shooting and that's how he finds out his wife is cheating on him and it turns out she orchestrated the killing to make it look like a robbery because she didn't love him anymore and she wanted some money to leave town with and the detective finds this out and has to choose whether or not to arrest his wife AHHHH.

I like creating convoluted, weird story scenarios.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Mon May 23, 2011 2:14 pm

So in my junior year I have one module of physics (last one, so it has literally NO math in it) and fifteen spanish verbs to conjugate in five tenses. Heeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaallll Yeeeeeeyyyyyahh!

I've been super motivated to get my school done since going to my Homeschool Association's graduation last night and seeing my (non-biological) brother graduate. Which by the way, we cart-wheeled down the row as he walked out, which was beast because he was the last and he didn't drop his diploma, lose his hat, mess up his tassle, or have disfunction with his robes.

My sister's class started a tradition in a our group, the grads walk in to Pomp and Circumstance, and they all choose a really upbeat and happy song to groove out to as the they walk out.

Ug, 364 more days til I graduate. I'll be a Senior in a few days.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Mon May 23, 2011 2:19 pm

I've got it! The detective's wife is cheating on him with the guy who owns Harvey's (Harvey?), and the guy ends up getting shot in a robbery and the detective is the one selected to investigate the shooting and that's how he finds out his wife is cheating on him and it turns out she orchestrated the killing to make it look like a robbery because she didn't love him anymore and she wanted some money to leave town with and the detective finds this out and has to choose whether or not to arrest his wife AHHHH.

AND AND AND

The bar can secretly be a bridge to a different dimension! And Harvey is really SATAN and the wife just tried to kill Satan but Satan is sneaky and isn't actually dead and that's how she started cheating on the detective with Satan (because he's, like, bad an' shit) and the detective has to find this out and save his wife's soul and defeat Satan and send him back to Hell and THEY STOP THE APOCALYPSE

This is fun!

Oh, and I had my Eagle Ceremony thing tonight. That was fun, since it's the LAST ONE I'M GOING TO EVER. God, I hate those things so much. Mine was really short (thankfully) and I totally botched both my speech and the Scout Law, but WHO FUCKING CARES I'M AN EAGLE SCOUT, BITCH.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Tehwilburforce Mon May 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy X, Xenosaga... Do you have any idea what all of these games have in common with MTP's extension on Muffo's plot outline? Razz

Anyway. Went to a youth gathering a couple towns (and counties) over. I had to read a declaration of pardon and initiate the passing of the peace. Go me. I also caught up with many friends from around our presbytery and even saw an old friend of mine who had graduated. My church did not go to get dinner at all afterwards, we went to an effing Walgreens to get snacks and then drove home.
Tehwilburforce
Tehwilburforce

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 am

I am very displeased that I have to go to my troop's Court of Honor tonight. I planned on getting my Eagle then getting the fuck out of there and never looking back. BUT NO.

God. Fucking. Damnit. I have shit I'd rather be doing, thank you very much.

And I swear to God, if someone is having their fucking Eagle Ceremony at the Court of Honor tonight ... I'm gonna have to straight-up kill a bitch right then and there. (Last time I went, the Court didn't end until, like, nine. And I had homework and shit to do. I and really, really, really, really don't care about that shit any more.)

Oh, and did I tell you? My dad said he'd get me a laptop free of charge when I got my Eagle.

Guess what? I'm an Eagle.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY LAPTOP.

Oh, and the laptop I'm gettting isn't even going to be my first choice. I wanted a Macbook Pro, so he said "Why not an HP? I get a discount. Very Happy"
And my bro (who had the same deal and has an HP) was just talking to me about how his two-year-old laptop is all slow and shit and how he wants to get a new one.
Macs don't slow down. Just sayin'.

tl;dr: I'm a fucking princess who likes to bitch about nothing.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Tue May 24, 2011 2:17 pm

I've settled on a film noir-inspired piece for the story. I'm relatively happy with what I've got so far, but it's a bit of an uphill battle - I really have no idea how the story will progress from where it is now.

Also, this is the 1000th post on TMI. Woo!
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next