Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

+15
Justicarius
-Moonlight-
Pterodactyl
Cuidado
Tehwilburforce
Lucifer
Lord Wiffilius
Vorgain
Grombrindal
Nirdian
Osolis
The Magic Tuba Pixie
Hawk
Muffolithid
El Taco
19 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 3 Empty Funny story. My mom calls me today and asks "Hey, are you ready for your Eagle Board of Review? Like, right now?" Despite it being almost a month before when it was originally planned?

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Let it be known that today, the twenty-eighth of March, that I [the Magic Tuba Pixie, as you know me here] have earned the rank of Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  Vorgain Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:07 pm

Congrats, Tuba!

Am I invited to the CoH?

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition

Post  -Moonlight- Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:52 pm

There's something that's kind of cool knowing you're a legally recognized adult everywhere in the world. At least, I think that being twenty-one gives me that status. Anyways, I'm back again. I'm obligated to explain the dashes around my name, for one. I don't much like 'em, but the thing is, my eMail got hacked. This is something I became aware of after I created the account, so I figured it'd be simpler to just make a new eMail. Luckily, nothing important was tied there anyways and I already changed up my forum accounts and whatnot to reflect my new eMail, so I don't think I'm in trouble of being hacked any further.

...so, my life. I'm, uh... kind of jobless right now, but that's something I'm hoping to correct quicksmart. Regardless, university life has been catching up with me and I don't want to keep using my parents as a crutch to deal with money problems. The sooner I become (sorta) self-sufficient, the better.

Aside from that, I've got a 3DS right now. Kind of odd to say after talking about my recent unemployment, but I already paid it off a while ago, so it's not really too big a deal. And one thing I can say? I think I'm going through a bout of buyer's regret. I know that it's going to pay off for me eventually, but... well, there's honestly only one game worth playing out of the whole, rather tepid launch line-up: Super Street Fighter IV 3D. It's great, but it's kind of sad when you consider the only game worth having until summer is a port. The 3DS itself is really cool. The 3D effect is mind-blowing. The sense of depth it adds is phenomenal, but unfortunately, isn't being utilized strongly as of yet. I'm a little disappointed, to be honest and I'm wondering if it really was a bad idea to grab one as soon as I could rather than waiting month inevitable 3DS Lite.

The moment Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton is in my grubby hands, though? All is forgiven, Nintendo. All is forgiven.

And yes, the battery is depressingly awful. I'm wondering where I can find that battery that promises to double it's lifespan. It really needs it.

-Moonlight-

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:14 am

The Magic Tuba Pixie wrote:Let it be known that today, the twenty-eighth of March, that I [the Magic Tuba Pixie, as you know me here] have earned the rank of Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America.

Welcome to the Nest bro! Congratulations!
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

http://hearthfire.spruz.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:37 am

-Moonlight- wrote:*Mooneh*

Moonlight! Long time no see, man! Glad to see you made it over here. Smile

(Also, get on Steam/Xfire once in a while, will ya?)

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Justicarius Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:24 am

No sword class today; the instructors are off at a huge meet in Texas. I've also got more or less no homework, so I might as well be on break. Did some roleplaying with another guy over chat on Steam; when we finish, I'll probably dress it up with formal writing and post it here. So, yeah, not much going on.

Right now I'm trying to figure out my hobby; miniatures. I dislike the way 40k plays (Pumping each other full of six-sided dice gets boring, especially when the balance of the teams is off and there's of course a power army everyone plays as), but still like the fluff and adore (some of) the miniatures (Mainly Eldar, Dark Eldar, Catachans, etc.).

I'm looking at doing 40k Kill Teams mainly to have awesomely posed and painted Eldar as well as Infinity. Infinity plays like a dream, even if it is somewhat confusing. Once I get more 20ds and a rulebook, I'm tempted to launch an Infinity RP here. There won't be much room for stat development; it'll be focused more on earning weaponry, pirating vehicles, etc. And no, it wouldn't be straight up warfare: Infinity is squad-based combat, so we'd obviously be paratroopers or something.

The only problem is I'm having a hard time on deciding what faction I like. Luckily, Infinity has an insanely good balance between the teams; it's like Rock Paper Scissors with dice and amazingly carved miniatures. Good stuff, I say.
Justicarius
Justicarius

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magic Tuba Pixie Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:15 pm

So.
I have been waiting for tomorrow since, like, August. It's finally Band Trip time!
Very Happy

This year, we're participating in the South Coast Music Festival. Each band will perform three tunes, a grand total of, like two hours, give or take. The rest of the time (four days more, actually) will be spent doing pretty much anything we want with two hundred of our closest friends. On the beach.
(EEEEE SO EXCITED)
So yeah, Wilbur and I will be gone for four days, and will be dead for the next five.

I'm ready to swim in the ocean and party with my friends and grind on some chicks and dance like a madman and run around a condo complex and do all sorts of stuff.

We get to cook our own meals there, so we stop by a grocery store. I feel sorry for that grocery store. But I'm making some family recipes, one of which included three cups of pancake batter. My mom told me to keep the recipe with the batter, because if anyone sees the large container of white powder, things will get very uncomfortable very quickly.
The Magic Tuba Pixie
The Magic Tuba Pixie

Characters
Name: Shade Rowlandson
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:07 pm

I.

Made.

$67.

In tips.

From one day.

O.O

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Vorgain wrote:I.

Made.

$67.

In tips.

From one day.

O.O

What do you do? Lifeguards like me should totally get tips!
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:18 pm

That day I was running lots and lots of fish & chips to tables.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:21 pm

SSLF seems so dead right now. I honestly don't know what to do with myself besides watch Deadwood, and now I've got to wait until April 18th or something like that, when HBO puts more episodes on OnDemand.
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Grombrindal Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:27 pm

Muffolithid wrote:SSLF seems so dead right now. I honestly don't know what to do with myself besides watch Deadwood, and now I've got to wait until April 18th or something like that, when HBO puts more episodes on OnDemand.
You could help me with my RP Razz
Grombrindal
Grombrindal

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:32 pm

*looking at SSLF*

What. The. Hell.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Yeah, I know. The Tree Frogs are working on resolving the hacking.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Vorgain wrote:Yeah, I know. The Tree Frogs are working on resolving the hacking.

Were the Admins hacked too?
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Yeah.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Started MadMen 4 on SSLF!! Go check it out in Globejumper. Wink
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  El Taco Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:10 pm

So I have a pretty good day, hanging out with a few friends, and tonight I had a band concert.

So I come home and I check SSLF and it's like HOLY SHIT WHAT THE HELL?
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorgain Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Don't worry, we handled it. All's well.

Vorgain

Back to top Go down

Post  El Taco Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Oh yes, I'm aware, and a fine job you did. Razz
El Taco
El Taco

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:34 am

What happened? Any screens?

Muffolithid wrote:Started MadMen 4 on SSLF!! Go check it out in Globejumper. Wink

It's not April 1st yet in US (or is it?)... So...

OH YOU (magnificent, I might add) BASTARD!

I will have to observe for a while and see if you're actually going through with it... Then I might have to- [sekkrit!]

If I'm wrong however... Then ignore that part (after the quote, until this line) and let me explain how much I love you and your RPs. :3 ((plzdontkillme))

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Wiffilius Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:26 am

@Nirds: Can you view as a guest? If not, I'll cap some screenies for ya.

So I've started a casual CYOA on Facebook. Pretty fun so far.
Lord Wiffilius
Lord Wiffilius

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:39 am

Lord Wiffilius wrote:@Nirds: Can you view as a guest? If not, I'll cap some screenies for ya.

I wondered if anyone had taken any screens, since it seems to be all cleaned up now.

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffolithid Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Wow, MadMen is getting a ton of really good sign ups so far. It's really surpassed my enormous expectations for its success.

So today I went to the foot doctor with this infected thing on my pinky toe. We're still not sure what it was, but it was some foul combination of infection, acne, and ingrown hair follicles. It was kind of painful, and it wasn't helped by the doctor using a pair of pliers to literally twist and pull the tip of it off so that all the shit could then be squeezed out. Apparently it was mostly blood with only a little itty bit of actual puss. (Sorry for being gross, guys! It's been a tough day. No )

EDIT: AH!! I completely forgot! Today was the first game of the season for the Phillies! They nearly lost their first game to the Houston Astros, but came back from a 4-0 deficit in the 7th and 9th innings and eventually won 4-5. Great start to the season (I AM SO EXCITED)!
Muffolithid
Muffolithid

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirdian Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Muffolithid wrote:Wow, MadMen is getting a ton of really good sign ups so far. It's really surpassed my enormous expectations for its success.

DAMN YOU MUFFO!

Sorry to hear about your toe, though. I hope it'll be very alright.

In other news:
A Study on the Feats of a Man - Three Mile Island Edition - Page 3 5582257141_129aa1fa8d_z
I built, something.

More on/of this later. Smile

Nirdian

Characters
Name:
Stats:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next